Work

I finally got to see the Hamilton musical!!! There were many tears ._.

Toms POV

Two months had passed since we came to Norway and it's been alright. The three of us were trained by Paul and Pat but holy hell did it hurt for me. Most of the time Paul would go ahead with Edd and Matt while Pat would stay with me and help me out.

Pat and I grew closer as friends during the first month, he would tease me about Tord but he would only do it when it was just the two of us.

Right now Pat was teaching me to shoot a gun.

"Alright just aim for the head."

I aimed at the dummies head and shot it. I hissed through my teeth, anytime I would do anything too fast or with great force my shoulder would feel a sharp pain. My chest on the other hand kept me from certain workouts. The doctor said to take it easy, but I couldn't just watch everyone around me do so much while I did nothing.

"Whoa Tom take it easy. You know your excused from doing this, right?"

I grunted. "Yeah. But what would I even do? It's not like I can just sit around."

Pat sighed. "Guess your right. But don't push yourself too hard. Your still recovering."

"Wrong. We won't know that until later. That doctor said we'd know if I can fight by this afternoon."

"I know, but you don't have to fight. Tord could get you some other job like in the lab or something."

"Lame."

I turned away from Pat and aimed for the dummy.

"Tom I really don't think you shou-"

Bang

I lowered the gun. "Bullseye."

I turned to Pat, he shook his head and sighed. "That was a good shot, but you really should stop for today. Let's go to the doctor I'm sure he has more pain killers for you."

"Psh, I don't need pain killers." I lied. Holy shit did it hurt.

"Uh huh, you also don't have a crush on Tord. Now let's go."

I felt my face heat up. "Whatever."

{Timeskip}

Once I got a few pain killers the doctors told us that Tord now has my results. Tord called Edd, Matt and I to his office and I was a little excited to get my results.

"Alright. Well from what Paul and Pat have told me, the three of you passed your training. I have picked out your jobs to what you do best and that matches your training."

Edd and Matt were almost jumping with joy, I just needed to know if I was could work or not. Rub it in that I'm not that helpless.

"Matt, you'll be working in the lab."

Edd interrupted. "Uh, is that a good idea?"

"Yeah I don't think I can use those chemicals."

I chimed in. "Yeah honestly Tord that doesn't seem to smart."

Tord sighed. "Actually from what I see, Matt is more than cut out for it. Remember back in high school? He was the top in our chemistry class."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"Yes, now continuing. Edd, you'll be in charge of training new comers."

"Wait I'm taking Paul and Pats job?"

"No, their actual jobs is basically to help run this place, I trusted them in training the three of you."

"Alright."

"Okay, Thomas."

Oh fuck yeah! What's he got for me?

"You'll be my secretary."

"What?! Come on, they get to do fun stuff while I do- what exactly do I do?"

"You'll follow me around, attend meetings with me, help with paper work, keep track of my schedule and other stuff."

"Lame. Do I at least get a gun?"

Tord huffed. "If it will keep you from whining then yes you'll get a gun."

I sighed. "Better than nothing I guess."

"Alright. Edd, Paul is waiting for you to show you how you will train the soldiers and Matt my scientists are waiting for your arrival."

"Alright! Bye Tom!" They waved to me as they left.

I sighed and looked back to Tord. "Alright what's my report say?"

Tord grabbed a folder from his desk and plopped it down in front of him.

"The doctors say it's best for you to not do something too physical. The best thing for you is assistant, it doesn't involve sharp movements and it will keep you from having to take so many pain killers."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on there's gotta be something in there that says I can do something fun."

Tord lifted the folder to me. "Go ahead."

I walked closer to his desk and grabbed it from his hand. I opened it to see words I didn't understand.

"Seriously?"

"What? We're in Norway most people here don't know how to speak English."

I tossed the folder back to him. "Fine, then what do I do now?"

"Well I do have some paper work here if you want to start now."

I groaned. "Fine."

He smiled and handed me half his stack. I was going to sit on one of the couches there were in here but he pulled up a chair next to him. I sat down and began to work.

An hour or two had passed and I was starting to get a splitting headache. I ignored it but it was getting stronger. Maybe it's all this reading, I'll just get some water. I glanced over to Tord but he seemed really focused on his work. I glanced around but didn't see anywhere I could get water from. I looked back down at the papers and just continued working.

With every word I read my head was getting worse. I tried to focus but the pain was to much. I could feel beads of sweat start to form on my forehead and I seriously needed a drink. I took a deep breath and glanced again to Tord. I didn't want to bother him.

After some debating with myself I decided to not bother him. I did my best to finish my work and once I put my pen down and stood up. Tord looked up at me.

I wobbled a little but caught my balance. Tord was going to say something but I stopped him. "I'm gonna.. go lie down a bit."

I rushed out the office. I closed the door and made my way up to my room. My head was spinning and my footing was off. Once I was in my room, I took off my hoodie. I threw it off to the side near the boxes of my stuff. I hadn't unpacked yet but I really wasn't planning to do so soon. I flopped down on my bed and hissed.

I rolled over onto my back and put a hand over my bullet wound. Damn that hurt. I stared up at the ceiling and sighed. What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe I'm just hungry.

I sat up and wobbled to my kitchen. I opened the fridge but saw that I only had Smirnoff and water. I sighed and just got a bottle of water. I walked back to the bed and sat there. The water didn't help my head much but it was refreshing. I put it down on my nightstand and lied in bed.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better.