Surprise

Toms POV

I got waken up once more by Matt shaking my shoulder. We smiled and he left me to get dressed. I get in my normal work attire and head to the kitchen. I saw Edd and Matt watching tv. I grabbed my things and said my goodbyes.

"Oh and Edd don't forget to pick up batteries for my hearing aids please."

"I won't, have a good day at work!"

I smiled and walked out the door. I made my way out the building and saw Alexander waiting for me. Since we started dating he'd give me ride to and from work, along with breakfast donuts and coffee.

When he saw me he smiled and opened my door.

"Thank you."

I sat down and he joined in.

"Hey, did your hearings aids run out of batteries again?"

"Yeah but Edd is getting me new ones later today."

"Good to hear. Want the usual?"

"Yes please."

"Oh and why didn't you answer my text yesterday?"

Oh right I forgot about that. "Sorry the guys wanted me to join them on errands and I fell asleep when we got home."

"Oh alright, because I have something I need to tell you."

"Oh? What is it?"

I could tell he was hesitating. "I'll talk you later after work. I promise."

"Alright but just don't forget."

We got our breakfast and went to work. He had a friend at the cafe we go to so they were always expecting us. Once we got there we did everything a usual. Although I kept getting a strange feeling, like a happy yet upsetting thing was coming my way. I didn't my best to ignore it and continued with my work.

{Timeskip + Edds POV}

I had barely gotten back from the store with three different kinds of batteries. I really should've cheeked what kinds were the ones that Tom needed. Though I tried calling him and he didn't answer.

When I got to the door I was going to put in my key when I heard laughter coming from inside. Could Tom be home early?

I unlocked the door and heard shuffling inside. When I walked in I only saw Matt sitting at the table. Guess it must've been the neighbors.

"Hey Matt."

"Hey Edd! I've got something to show you!"

"Alright, one second. Do you know which of these batteries Tom needed?"

"Uh Edd. Those aren't even the right brand."

I let out a huff. "Great. Now I gotta return them." I turned around to leave when Matt stopped me.

"Wait Edd! I still have to show you something!"

"Can it wait? I want to get the batteries so that Tom doesn't have to worry about getting them when he gets back."

"Please Edd! You can go right after!"

"Alright what is it."

I looked around as to what it could be he wanted me to see when I noticed something red hiding behind the couch.