Late Nights

Tords POV

A few minutes had passed and Tom went limp in my arms. I poked his cheek but he didn't react.

"Tom, you awake?"

No response. Guess he tired himself out. I chuckled to myself and just kept him in my arms not wanting to wake him. I was feeling pretty tired myself but I couldn't sleep, one this wasn't my house, and two I doubt Tom would be so calm about me staying here.

I looked down to Tom, he seemed so peaceful. Like he didn't have a single care in the world. I smiled to myself. Tom always was so peaceful when he slept.

I let a few more minutes go by when I felt myself starting to fall asleep. I could go lay down on the couch, but Tom looked so comfy and I didn't want to disturb him. So I instead leaned against the wall and grabbed his blanket. I covered us both, mostly Tom, and let sleep take over.

Edds POV.

Matt and I took over two hours at the two. Two hours! Why? Because we both wanted to do a little of our own shopping which was for an hour, and because neither of us knew the size of batteries Tom needed and felt to embarrassed to call and ask. Next time I'm sending Tom to get them.

Matt had unlocked the door and we set our bags down on the kitchen table. It was quiet, too quiet.

Matt didn't seem to notice, mostly because he was looking into his mirror, so I entered the room to find Tom asleep in Tords arms. No way.

I rushed back to the living room and dragged Matt to the room.

"Edd what are you-"

"Shhh!"

Once I got him in, I pointed to Tord and Tom and he almost dropped his mirror. We got our phones out and took pictures of them. After we got our pictures we went to the living and sat on the couch.

"Toms gonna be so mad about this!" I whispered excitedly.

In all honesty, Tom would freak out, but Tord, he would be over the moon for these pictures. I don't think he ever told Matt about his crush on Tom, so I'll leave that up to him to tell.

We both just settled in and watched tv until I remembered about Toms hearing aid. He had to remove them before he slept or else he could risk damaging them. So I crept back into the room and tried my best to remove them. He moved around a little, causing Tord to tighten he grip on him. So cute! But nows not the time!

I was finally able to get one of them off, so I had to get Matt to get the other. He gently turned Toms head and I slipped of the hearing aid. We placed on next to his mattress where he usually kept them and went back to the couch. Because it was still early we just watch tv until we went to bed.

{Timeskip + Toms POV}

I felt myself starting to wake up. My eyes were having trouble adjusting, I've been have that issue for awhile now but I don't think much of it. I felt warm, I didn't want to move but I was questioning why I was so warm.

Once my eyes adjusted, I looked up and saw that I was still in Tords arm. Panicked, I wiggled my way out and stood up. I looked around and saw that Edd and Matt were in the room asleep. They seriously let this happen!?

I felt myself sigh, I looked down to where my hearing aids were and grabbed them. I put them on and reached under my pillow. I grabbed Tords old tin and left the room.

Sometimes when I can't sleep or wake up randomly, I smoke. I wear my hearing aids so that I can hear if Edd or Matt get up so that I could put it out before they see. I usually buy more on my breaks, well more like Jason buys them for me. I'm always paranoid that Edd or Matt would catch me buying them, so I'd give him the money and he'd get them for me.

I opened the tin as quietly as I could and pulled out a cigarette and lighter. I looked to the clock, 3:04, I still have plenty of time. I put the tin in my pocket and opened the window. A cool breeze hit my face, I shivered a bit but lit the cigarette. I held it between my lips and puffed out the smoke. I hadn't been smoking for long, I was listening to the nightly traffic when my thoughts started to wander.

So Tords really alive. I can't believe he was able to survive that explosion. Then again I survived the house explosion. He really took a lot of damage thanks to that harpoon.

"Tom?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned around. Great it's that damn commie.

I turned back to the window and continued to smoke. He walked over to me and looked at me.

"I didn't know you smoke."

I shrugged. I wasn't a very social smoker, not to mention it was 3 in the morning.

I looked out to the streets below us and just sighed. I reached into my pocket and held the open tin out to him offering him a cigarette.

He gladly took one and I handed him the lighter. He chuckled and lit his cigarette.

"So I see you kept my old cigarette tin, huh?"

I felt a small blush and shrugged. "We found it in the rubble."

He nodded and looked out the window again. We just looked out to the traffic, a few minutes passed and we just kept smoking.

"So, why are you up?"

He turned to me, "Well I have a strong sense of smell, and the smell of nicotine isn't something I expected to smell here."

"Oh."

"Why are you up?"

I shrugged. "Guess I couldn't sleep."

I finished my cigarette before Tord, I put it out and walked over to the trash bin. I buried it down and took a quick glance at Tord.

I wasn't sure rather or not to go back to sleep. Tord didn't have a place to sleep and I felt bad.

Tord turned back to me. "Go to sleep Tom, I'll be fine. I'll sleep in the couch." He finished with a smile.

I just nodded and went back into the room. I took my hearing aids of and laid in bed cuddling Tomee. I will admit, I miss Tords warmth, but that's just to awkward. Right now I just have to focus on getting sleep before having to go to work. I felt myself sighed and did my best to sleep.