Hey

{Toms POV}

Once we got back to the base, Tord parked the car and we both got out but I slammed the door.

"Hey! What did my-"

Not letting him finish, I ran away into the base looking for Pat.

He is so dead.

I didn't have to look for long because he was right at the front door.

"PAT!"

He looked at me with fear in his eyes and made a run for it. I chased him all the way off the army's property to a nearby highway.

"T-Tom! We can talk this out!"

I growled. "Talk? I just got set up with some GIRL!"

"Yes BUT! I didn't know she was real! So if you really think about it, I'm a victim to?"

I glared and he smiled nervously. "You're also a victim? Fine, then YOU get to go and 'hang out' with her cause I sure as hell am not going!"

"What!? but i don't even know her!"

"Me neither!"

"But at least you've met her!"

"Is that so? Guess I'll just have to introduce you after I'm done introducing you to my FIST!"

I went in for the hit until I was held back.

"Thomas!? The hell are you doing!?"

Great. I put my arm down and turned to Tord with a smile screaming murder.

"Tord! Pat and I were just having a friendly chat. Weren't we Pat."

I glared into Pats soul and he nodded. Tord sighed and rubbed his eyes with his non robotic hand.

"You really want me to believe, that you chased Pat all the way out here, and almost punched him, because you were having a friendly chat?"

"...yes?"

He sighed again and shook his head.

"Right, then who are you planning to introduce Pat to?"

"Oh did I say introduce? I meant to say, describe?"

He looked at me with an unamused look and looked to Pat.

"Pat, what was really going on."

Wow Tord. I can't believe you've done this.

Pat looked at me with his eyes wide open. I gave him a vengeful smile. "Go ahead Pat, tell Tord what we were talking about."

"Uh, w-well you see... we were, uh..."

Sweat drops were starting to form on his forehead. He looked at Tord and I repeatedly before bursting.

"I HAVE TO GO!"

He ran away faster than we ever thought he could run. Tord looked back to me and I only smiled.

"You threatened him didn't you."

"Yeah I did."

Tord sighed. "I'm not even gonna bother to ask why. Come on, we've got work."

"Ugh whyyyyy! You're the god damn leader of this place, can't you have someone else do to?"

"Someone else like you? You are my assistant after all."

"Hey! Not what I meant!"

I playfully punched Tords arm and we both shared a laugh.

"I know, I know. And if only it were that simple. Come on if we get going now we might even be done in time for you to pick up your new girlfriend from work."

Tord walked away with a smirk and I turned red.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"And I'm not the guy who runs this place."

{Timeskip}

I glanced nervously at the clock. I only had almost half an hour before Cassilda gets off work and I still have a ton of paperwork left, AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!

I've been going really slow and I'm so glad because at this rate I'll be here all night! Thomas you smart son of a gun.

I was happily going through my current paper when Tord turned to me.

"Thomas it's almost time! How are you not done yet!?"

I shrugged. "Guess I'm a little distracted. Oh well, guess I'll have to stay here and finish."

I did a little sigh and continued to read my paper. I didn't get far when Tord grabbed it off my desk, along with the rest of my pile.

"Hey!-"

"Don't worry I'll do it! Go have fun with your girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"Not with that attitude. Now go! You can even take my car."

"But Tord-"

"No buts! Just go, have fun!"

I nodded and hesitantly got up from my desk. I walked to his door and glanced back at him before leaving. I was already dressed so there was no need to go back to my room. I went to get Tords car and was soon on my way to pick up Cassilda.

The drive there I couldn't help but think about crashing the car. She's nice and all but I just don't like her like that. But I know for a fact if I survive the reck I won't survive Tords wrath.

When I got to the diner, I checked the time and saw that I had 10 minutes to spare. I sighed and just stayed in the car. It was boring waiting so I started to snoop around Tords car but he had nothing good. I ended up just playing games on my phone when I realized I had missed texts. And I hate having the red bubble on my icons.

I opened up the messages and realized they were from Jason and Marianna. Wow, I haven't talked to them at all since being here. Guess I stopped using my phone a lot more than I thought I would. I opened the group chat and saw that they were asking if I was alright.

I smiled to myself and only said I'd talk to them in a bit. That was a mistake. Almost as soon as it sent my phone started blowing up with more texts from them. I chuckled and put my phone on do not disturb.

I looked out the window and saw Cassilda walking out of the diner. I sighed and got out of the car.

I called out to her. "Hey Cass!"

She turned and looked surprised that I was there. She stared at me for at moment before giving a shy smile.

"I'm sorry, but I never did get your name."

We stared at each other before busting into laughter.

"Thats my bad. My names Tom."

We were still laughing a little when we finally calmed down and smiled.

"So, are you by any chance free right now?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Sweet."

I opened the passenger door for her and she giggled. I closed her door once she got in and got into the drivers seat. I couldn't really think of a place to go so we went to a nearby park.

This shouldn't be too bad.