Parents to be

Gulf paced the floor in front of the closed maternity ward and Mew was nervously twisting the wedding band around his ring finger. Gulf sighed for the umpteenth time making Mew look at him in worry and when he passed him, pulled him close against his chest.

"How much longer do we have to wait." Gulf mumbled into his chest and twisted his trembling fingers in Mew's shirt.

"Shh, it won't be long anymore" Mew comforted him but he also was anything but relaxed.

His heart thundered loudly in his chest and his palms were sweaty. He let his fingers massage the small of his husband's back and kissed his wayward hair sticking up to all sides. They had rushed to the hospital at 4 am in the morning after the call that their surrogate was about

to give birth.

1 week early!

They both had rushed out with everything they needed and had arrived in the midst of the night. It was currently 9 am already and still no news. It was eating them alive! The nerves were getting higher with every second that passed without any news.

Suddenly the door opened and the nurses head popped out, a big smile decorating her face. "Congratulations, you're parents now." Nurse Kae smiled.

"Really?! We are! What is it!" Gulf squeezed out, his throat clogging up with tears from relief and excitement.

"See for yourself." Kae opened the door further and stepped out so the couple could enter. Gulf all but stumbled over his own feet to rush in the maternity ward.

Mew right behind him, just as excited. When they reached the right door the first thing Gulf heard were soft sniffles.

His heart was almost beating out of his chest. Slowly he opened the door and peaked inside. His eyes fell on a little bundle wrapped in a sunflower blanket in a nurse's arms. Just for a second his world stopped moving around him. He could feel Mew wrap his arms around his waist

and softly squeeze his hand when the nurse walked closer to them.

"Ready to hold her?" Gulf's breath stuttered; he wasn't sure if he would ever be ready but he nodded. This was the moment he had been wanting for, had looked out for, for the part 9 months...

The moment the nurse placed the little bundle in his arms and he saw the baby girls little face he burst out in tears. The moment her eyes opened her whining stopped. She looked up in wonder at her daddies.

"She looks just like you..." Gulf sobbed and looked back at an equally emotional Mew.

"She's so perfect." Mew whispered. He reached out and a little fist wrapped around his finger. He stroked the back of the baby soft tiny hand with his thumb.

His lips trembled and tears streamed down his face. He had never felt something like this in his whole life. So much love he had never experienced. His love for Gulf was immense but what he was feeling for their little girl, held by the love of his life right now was indescribable.

He looked up and his eyes met with their surrogate.

"Thank you so, so much... words can't describe how thankful I am to you..." he choked out and she nodded with tears brimming her eyes witnessing the just newly became parents.

Gulf couldn't keep his eyes of the perfect little baby girl in his arms. He stroked her black hair and counted all her fingers. He was still trying to process if this was all real.

Kae walked in behind them and she had to keep her own emotions at bay watching how much love

emitted from Mew and Gulf holding their baby.

"Do you want to hold it Mew?" She asked and he nodded while wiping his tears. She took a deep breath before she walked closer and placed the baby in Mew's arms this time. He carefully held her close to his chest.

Gulf didn't leave his side though and stuck to Mew while they both cooed at the new life they were holding. The same nose, the same eyes, the same hair. All exactly like her daddy Mew. "What will be her name?

"Natasha." They said in union and chuckled right after staring lovingly at each other. A sob suddenly sounded from the other side of the room and the surrogate burst out in tears.

"You didn't have to..." she choked out and both men walked closer to her to comfort her.

"You gave her life so she will have your name. The least we can do to show how thankful we are..." Gulf said with a trembling voice and reached out to hug her, hoping she could feel how grateful and thankful they were...

Their own sun/flower baby.

The End