Happy new year!

Gulf nervously nibbled on his lower lip and sighed deep. He shut off his phone after seeing no new messages on his screen and the digital clock already slipped from 56 to 57.

"He promised..." he mumbled mindlessly to himself and he couldn't help from another sigh leaving his lips.

They were standing on the rooftop and everything was beautifully lit. Music was softly playing in the background and a few shots of fireworks were already decorating the night sky a little too early.

He chuckled as he saw Mild half-drunk trying to pursue his sister and his mae pulling on his arm and he wished he could be just as carefree and happy as they were at that moment. But he was worried.

Had he forgotten? Was he not coming? Maybe he was held up somewhere.

But... he would have sent him a message then right? Or even called.

"1-minute guys! Get ready to *kissing noises*" Mild yelled startling him from his thoughts but that announcement only made him more anxious.

Well, he better prepare himself to go into the new years alone then...

He watched the night sky being quiet before it would be lit by thousands of lights and colours. The cold wind ruffled past his hair making him shiver and he pushed his hands into his pockets to stay warm.

He heard his family counting down the seconds and he closed his eyes at 3.

2,

1....

"happy new--" he whispered to himself but was suddenly swirled around and interrupted by lips planted on his own. His eyes grew in size and he couldn't believe what he saw...

He was engulfed in a tight warm embrace and the sky lit up above him. Warmth seeped through his skin, warming him completely and he still tried to process that he had made it. Mew was here. His eyes hadn't deceived him and his lips knew exactly who he was kissing. He sighed into the kiss and closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Mew's neck and kissed him back with much vigour while his family around him was yelling and popping champagne.

"You- you....!" Gulf stuttered when they pulled back. He didn't know what to say.

"I'm here now, I made it, it's okay..." Mew said in a breathless whisper against Gulf's lips with a big smile. Gulf pulled Mew closer and connected their lips again in relief. The world around them celebrated but he was in his own world with Mew.

"Look!" Mew disconnected their lips and looked up at the sky. Gulf looked up in the same direction and his breath stuttered at the most amazing view.

"Happy New year, tua eng..." Mew whispered as he turned Gulf in his arms and laid his head on his shoulder watching the sky together, slowly moving them to the beats of the music.

In-between the numerous fireworks words were slowly becoming visible, spelling:

Let's grow old together...

Gulf felt so overwhelmed his eyes teared up. From being so anxious a few minutes ago to being so happy right this moment, wrapped in the arms of his love. Finally together, starting the new year...

"Oh don't cry!!" Mew cooed and wiped a stray tear from Gulf's flushed cheek.

"I'm not crying because I'm sad but because I'm so immensely happy! With you..." Gulf hiccups, turning his face and leaned into Mew's touch.

"Happy New year, Tirak..." he whispered and pecked Mew's lips once more.

To another year to grow as they go...

-------------------------------

Happy new year everyone!!! on to another year of MewGulfing and more fics to write! 

hope everyone had an amazing new year eve and wishing everyone much health and love in this new year!

let's make the best of 2021!!