Chapter 18

I didn't want to curse at you—

"MOM!"

The woman turned around. Her body stiffening, "Minnie, baby?"

Jimin happily ran towards his mother and hugged her, "I missed you so much!"

Jimin's mother teared up and caressed her son's head, "Yeah, yeah. I missed you too. Now, where are my son-in-law and grandson?"

"Right here!"

Jimin's mother pushed her son aside and went to hug the little boy who had a lollipop in his hand. Jimin looked at her in disbelief and betrayal and later pouted. Walking towards Jeongguk, who immediately opened his arms and wrapped them around his husband's waist.

"Ah, my little Sannie! How have you been, buddy?"

Sannie looked at her grandmother and smiled, hugging her. "I missed you! Granny, do you know? I started school! I have a best friend, and his name is Ree and—"

"Easy there, Sannie. Don't bombard her with information. Hello, Mother." Jeongguk bowed slightly in respect.

Jimin's mother hit Jeongguk's arm in a jokingly manner, "I've known you for over five years, Jeongguk. Loosen up."

Jeongguk nervously rubbed his nape. It was true. No matter how long he had known her, he still remembers the first time he met Jimin's parents. He shuddered. It was absolutely terrifying.

"Yes, mother."

Jimin kept his one hand on Jeongguk's chest and leaned in his touch, looking at his mother and his son in fondness as they bonded together.

"You okay, darling?"

"Darling? That's a new one. And yeah, I'm good."

"Do you feel sick? Do you wanna lie down?"

Jimin pecked the younger's lips, "No, love. I'm fine—"

Jimin staggered, which made Jeongguk immediately catch him before he could fall. He looked the older in shock.

"Jimin...? Baby, what's wrong?"

Jimin glanced at his mother.

"Nothing, mom. I'm fine. Really. Just got dizzy for a second."

Sannie stared at his dad before shaking his head, "Papa, It's bad to lie." Jimin's mother plastered a confused face, "Minnie, is something wrong with you?"

Jimin didn't answer.

Jeongguk helped Jimin walk towards the couch and set him down. He made him lay down and lifted his legs up. He then ran upstairs towards the extra room that was kept as a guest room, grabbing the blanket that was kept in the upper cabinet of the closet. He covered his husband with the not so thin blanket and kept his head under the couch cushion.

"Minnie, get some rest, okay? Do you want me to call Dr. Min?"

Jimin shook his head and closed his eyes in hopes of catching some sleep. Jeongguk kneeled down beside him and clasped his hands with Jimin's. He kissed them and stared at Jimin as the older smiled lightly.

Jimin's mother was now very concerned.

"Mother, have a seat!"

Jimin's mother did as told while Jeonsan ran towards his dad's old room to find the toys he had left last time.

"We're so sorry. I had made sure Jimin took his pills, but I'm not sure why he's feeling down today. We're really sorry."

"Nonsense! What pills are you talking about? What's wrong with my Minnie?"

Jeongguk sighed, "Jimin's been suffering from Stage II Lung Cancer for a few months now."

Jimin's mother gasped. Tears falling like a river, "Oh, My God... My baby...! Why was I not informed?!"

Jimin opened his eyes and turned his head to the side to face his mom. He smiled, "I wanted to tell you face-to-face. It was more painful to tell you when I had just discovered it. I'm okay, though, just a little cough every now on then and the constant pain in your chest and throwing up of blood— Okay, I'm not helping." Jimin laughed, his voice creating a melody that made Jeongguk slightly smile.

"Jimin!" His mother wiped her tears and reached out to pat her son's head, "It'll be fine. You've got me, Jeonsan, and above all, you got Jeongguk."

Jimin remembered the events that took place a day ago and scoffed to himself, but he made sure it wasn't loud enough for the both of them to hear it."

Got him, my ass. He's been having an affair behind me.

He looked at Jeongguk, who was casually stroking the older's hand and humming to himself.

But why can't I have the courage to confront him?

Why do I want to be selfish?

Why do I want him around me despite what he's been doing?

Why...

Jimin eyes glistened with tears, and before he knew it, those crystal tears fell. Jeongguk stopped what he was doing and stared at the silver hair in shock.

"Baby, it's going to be okay. Trust me. We'll be happy again."

Jeongguk and Jimin's mother had thought that Jimin was crying because of his illness, but unbeknownst to the two, Jimin was shedding tears because of the constant burning pain in his heart. The thought of Jeongguk having an affair killed him from the inside, burnt him alive. He only cried harder when he heard Jeongguk speak those words. He knew nothing in this world could make them go back to the way they were before. So, with that thought, he shut his eyes, hoping to go into a world where all dreams come true, a world where he knew, that his one dream of going back to where they were, will come true.

The raven head kissed his husband's forehead before leaving him alone with his mother while he went to spend some time with his only son.

Jeongguk didn't realize that those tears were meant for him. He didn't realize those tears that his precious Jimin shed was because of him. He was completely oblivious to the thought, and that made Jimin more upset. Jeongguk didn't even seek to realize that Jimin had seen their little 'session'.

He smiled when he saw his son playing with an aeroplane and trying to imitate aeroplane noises. He smiled wide and decided to play with him.

but you made me do it anyway