Chapter 45

It's beautiful—

Taehyung and Seokjin currently walked on the beach, hand in hand. The breeze softly kissed their skin that glowed in the sunset.

Currently, Jimin and Jeongguk were babysitting Wonhae, orders of Seokjin! He had a special day planned just for Taehyung.

One of his hands held Taehyung's while the other wrapped tightly around a velvet box inside his pocket.

Spring had decided to bloom in just a few months. Jeons were released from the hospital back in November. Now, in April, all of the things that troubled them have settled into place. Jimin still is undergoing treatment, chemotherapy, to be specific. Jeongguk had wrapped up the case of his former secretary perfectly, answering every question in complete honestly.

Taehyung awed at the beautiful sight and wished he'd get married on a rooftop decorated beautifully and wanted to kiss his groom as the sunset. It was his dream, and he sighed, which snapped Seokjin out of his thoughts.

"Are you not enjoying? Should we go somewhere else—"

"What?" Taehyung cut him off, "Oh no! I am enjoying it. I'm just sort of sad? I guess..."

Seokjin nodded, not wanting to press any further. He took a deep breath and let go of Taehyung's hands, confusing the younger man.

"Taehyung..."

The red-haired gulped, this could either be something good or something bad, but whatever it was, he was absolutely not ready.

"I regret it so much. I'm leaving you, I mean. I had no choice, though. My scholarship was all the way to the states— Sorry, I'm rambling. Um, I don't know how to say this..." Seokjin held Taehyung's hands, who was just staring at the older in confusion. "Kim Taehyung, we met under the stars. You were crying because your best friend was getting married. We met at Jimin's wedding and I'm so, so happy that we did. I met such a wonderful, weird, gorgeous, and kind human being who then I made him my boyfriend."

Taehyung's tears finally cascaded down his cheeks; his mouth gaped.

"All those years, I just wish I could contact you but I got so busy and I know it's not an excuse because rigtt now, you and little Wonhae are my number one priorities and I want to be able to stay closer to you to do that.
I'm not very good with words, and I'm usually very shy about this, but I want to make this the day you'll remember, so Taehyung... "

Seokjin got down on one knee, shocking Taehyung to the core. He cupped his mouth and cried harder.

"Will you do the honours of marrying—"

"YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!"

Seokjin sighed in relief and slipped a beautiful yet simple diamond ring on the younger's finger and shared a sweet hug. Taehyung hugged the older and cried into his shoulder, not believing what was happening to him.

"I promise to cherish you and love you for the rest of my life, Tae."

"As will I, Jinnie."

~°~

As soon as Taehyung showed Jimin his ring. The older burst into tears, hugging his best friend like there was no tomorrow.

"MY TAEHYUNG IS ALL GROWN UP!"

"JIMINIE, I'M GOING TO GET MARRIED!"

Both of them were ridiculously crying into each other's arms as both Jeongguk and Seokjin looked at them like it was such a foreign scene.