Chapter 39

Just when we were getting happy—

Yoongi sighed, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"What's wrong, Dr. Min?"

The dark-haired tilted his head back to find his soon-to-be-husband staring at him with two cup noodles in his hands.

"It's my patient, Jimin. His condition is getting worse. I thought the surgery would stop it, but it only increased the cancer. I don't know what to do! I'm trying my very best but— I just want to help him because—"

"Hey, Yoon. Stop stressing and eat. You're going to be malnourished."

Yoongi took the cup that was filled with noodles and ate them, slurping the delicious food.

Yoongi made a mental note to tell Jeongguk about his husband's condition.

He was slurping his noodles when something clicked in his mind. He abruptly got up and stared at Hoseok, who was shocked at the sudden action of the older.

"Oh, my God! Why couldn't I think of this earlier. Cancer is still treatable with Stage II as well! I can easily perform surgery and remove the main source of the cancer! If I can do that, it's much easier to continue his recovery in chemotherapy!"

"That surgery is almost impossible! It's a miracle if the result is positive, Yoongi. You can't!"

Yoongi gritted his teeth, "Well, then do you want me to wait here and watch him die? I can't do that! I'm a doctor, and a doctor has to do everything possible to save their patient."

"You can't risk someone's life! He has a son!"

"So you think his son won't lose him even after he reaches the next stage?"

Hoseok parted his lips to speak but closed them back, not having any point to counter with. His gaze fell down, and he stopped talking.

Yoongi sighed and sat down, stirring the noodles with his chopsticks. A very awkward silence crept in, which made both males feel uncomfortable.

"I made an appointment with getting out wedding dresses. It's tomorrow, and I asked for a few hours off for the both of us..." Yoongi broke the silence, and Hoseok gave him a silent nod.

"Let's not fight anymore, hm? I'm sorry for raising my voice, Hobi." Hoseok smiled and shook his head, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have added another pile to your already stressed mind."

Yoongi reached out to grab Hoseok's hands, who were smiling like an idiot. He blushed profusely and continued eating with his fiancé's hand linked with his.

~°~

"It's a low success chance, huh?" Jimin spoke, softly stroking his son's head. Since it was a weekend, Jeonsan didn't have to go to school, and so he stayed with Jimin at the hospital, which made Jimin feel happy. He loved being around his son.

Jeongguk shook his head, "There's no way in a million years. Am I letting you get this surgery."

Jimin frowned. He grabbed Jeongguk's hands and squeezed them, "Love, isn't this good news? I can finally be in good shape!"

"No? Are you forgetting the fact that only five-percent have had positive results? Isn't it better to stay on chemotherapy?"

Jimin sighed loudly, "It needs my permission, and I've granted it. I'll take the surgery in a week or maybe five days. Please understand, Gukkie."

"I don't want to lose you, Jimin."

"I'll die if I don't get this surgery, Jeongguk. If I don't, I'll die painfully, and I don't want that. If I do die during this surgery, I would go peacefully with no regrets."

Jeongguk let his tears fall, "N-No!".

Jimin laughed, "Oh, you're such a big baby!"

"You're playing with my feelings right now, and you're playing with your life!"

Jimin smiled sadly, "It's fine. It'll go well! I trust Dr. Min Yoongi!"

Jeongguk sat back down and wiped his tears. He looked away and gazed at the view behind the glass window to his left.

"You love taking risks so much, joy knowing you're harming yourself and others in the process." Jeongguk softly whispered, which made Jimin sadly look away too because he knew it was the truth.

"I don't care about how much money is being spent. If it's for your health, I don't care about spending billions of Won because health comes first, but I need you to understand that if I lose you—"

"Jeongguk, you're never going to lose me. Not anymore. I plan to grow old with you. I plan to have another baby with you, and I'm not leaving until I do both of them. I love you, Gguk. And I'm never going to let be alone."

Jimin leaned over his bed and kissed Jeongguk softly, slowly wiping the tears that escaped the younger's eyes with the pad of his thumb.

They pulled away, and Jimin gave him a warm smile, "We were destined for each other, and I'm not going to leave you. You are me, and I am you. Remember our little phrase back in university? We were so in love!"

"We are so in love, Mimi..."

~°~

"Let's get this! In both purple and blue. Also, don't you think this would look so good on our little Won-Won? Seokjin~"

Seokjin was busy playing with Wonhae, who was in his carry.

"Seokjin! You can play with him when you go home! Right now, we're shopping, so stop and let my poor baby sleep."

Seokjin pouted and nodded his head, helping Taehyung shop while carrying Wonhae's carry.

Fate had to barge in