Chapter 17

You're such a jerk—

Jimin came home, panting and crying. His chest hurt so much, it was so hard for him to breathe. He checked his pockets for his inhaler; his heart sped up when he could not find it.

"W-Where did I-I keep i-it?" He panted and tried to run towards his bedroom. Upon reaching it, he dug through every drawer that was present in that room.

At last, he found it and inhales through it. He does what the doctor had told him to do and finally relaxed his breathing.

He had asked Taehyung to pick up Jeonsan for him since he didn't have the energy to do so. He sat there for hours, thinking and thinking about that one thing he wished that would never come true.

He had an appointment today at 10PM so he needed to find the energy. Yet, his body was weak and limp. He decided to set an alarm and let sleep take him over so he doesn't have to think of that outrageous moment.

~°~

"Okay, I've administered 2L of Istonic Chloride Solution to help you with blood loss and also since your energy is down, I gave you normal Saline Solution and Intravenous Sugar Solution, okay? Now I want you to rest. I won't go anywhere."

Jimin tiredly glanced towards Doctor Min and Nurse Jung. He whispered a small 'thank-you' before closing his eyes. That moment was still vivid. He wouldn't sleep, he couldn't.

"Jimin, if I may ask... Did something happen...?"

Jimin once again opened his eyes and before he could process anything, tears fell. He sobbed, and sobbed but the two could only watch, sympathize with the poor broken boy.

"Hey, Hey... It's okay." Nurse Jung sat next to him and pat his head, "Whatever you're going through, it must be so hard for you. Do you want me to call, Jeongguk?"

"NO! Don't call him. H-He must be working. It's fine—"

Nurse Jung nodded and glanced towards Doctor Min who was worried too. He mouthed the words 'What do we do' but Nurse Jung had no idea so he mouthed the words 'Let's wait for Jeongguk' as a reply.

"Jimin?"

The three of them shift their gazes towards the entrance of the door to see the one and only Jeongguk standing.

Jimin's whole body tensed up and his eyes widened but he did not have the courage to push him away. Call him selfish, but he didn't want Jeongguk to leave him.

I'll endure it. I'll take all the blame for not being a good husband. Anything to make you stay.

"Minnie! Baby, what happened?!"

Jeongguk softly caressed Jimin's cheeks, the pad of his thumb wiping he overflowing tears the older produced.

You very well know what's happening, you sick fuck. I hope you burn in hell. I hope that damn secretary just fucking—

"Well, be on our way, then! Um, I've given him IV fluids so he'll be okay. We'll see ourselves out. Goodbye, then." Doctor Min and Nurse Jung slightly bowed before leaving.

Jeongguk gently tapped the older's cheeks as his tears fell, "Why didn't you call me, love?"

You were busy with someone else so you would not have cared anyways

That was what Jimin thought but never spoke the words. Instead, he beamed and shook his head, "I did not have the energy to call. It was hard for me to even open the door." His voice raspy; husky.

Jeongguk sighed in relief and caressed his husband's head, "I'm glad you're safe. I sort of lost it a few minutes ago since you looked like a mess."

Jimin made grabby hands towards Jeongguk and the younger immediately understood, "I'll be back, I'll check up on Sannie, okay?"

Jimin nodded.

Jeongguk walked towards his son's room only to find the little boy sound asleep. His newly bought cloud lamp illuminated his room in white. Walking towards his son, he laid a soft kiss on his for head before going back to Jimin.

"Baby! You're not supposed to be up, why are you in the balcony?"

The older ignored Jeongguk and peacefully rocked back and forth. He stared at the beautifully covered navy blue sky. The neighbourhood was usually jolly but today, it was deserted and quiet; only a few cars driving by.

"Breeze was chilly, wanted to experience it."

"Christmas is soon, huh?"

"What do you mean 'soon'? It's four months away."

Jeongguk laughed at his own stupidity and nodded in agreement, "Right! I forgot!"

Jeongguk... I don't want to leave you. I'll endure it just for you but don't... Please tell me the truth and I'll understand. Please tell me that it was misunderstanding and she came all over you. Please tell me that it's all a lie.

"So, I went to Daegu today and I took my secretary with me—"

"Shut up."

Jeongguk looked amused, then he realized Jimin must be tired so he indeed kept his mouth shut, "Ah... Sorry."

Jeongguk's POV

He's beautiful but he's acting so different today.

And... it's all because of me.

"So, how was work?" He asked and I smiled, "Stressful yet amazing as always!"

I saw him frown a bit and then nod.

"Taehyung and Hae-won came by to check up on me. Taehyung made me his delicious Chinese Fried Rice. It was so tasty! Sannie enjoyed it a lot too."

He could talk on for hours and I'd still listen to him and never get tired. I couldn't hold in the surprise so I decided to tell him!

"Jimin..."

Jimin, I'm being threatened. Please help me. The police won't even look at my filed complaint and my secretary won't stop. Jimin, I am not doing this on purpose, I swear. Jimin, please don't look at me like that. Jimin, I'm so sorry. I never meant to do this willingly. I don't know how to stop it without guaranteeing your safety.

I tensed up and then looked at his confused stare.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"We're going to visit your mother's house! Actually, we'll be visiting my parents' house too. It's been a while and you did say you missed her a lot, so why not? Am I right?" I spoke with a smile and my smile got wider when I saw his frown face switch upside down.

Great. I missed the chance to ask for help us again

"Oh, My God! Yes! I've missed them so much!!"

That smile... I want to protect that forever.

and such a dumb ass