NICOLE

Roman lays in my lap, as I rub my fingers through his thick dark beard. As the two of us spend the afternoon watching soap-opera.

"Do we have to watch another episode, Nicole? They all end the same."

"No, they don't. Plus it take real courage to be a soap opera star."

"Not really."

"Fine, whatever. Just pass me my laptop!" Roman leans over to the coffee table to get my laptop, he bought a year ago.

"What are you doing?" He asks me.

"I am on this website that allows you to create your dream home, gives you ideas for room styles and furniture, also gives you a list of contractors in the areas with their rates."

"That's handy. I was actually going to ask you about that. Can I see what you have so far?" I turn my laptop around to show him. "Woah! Baby, we don't need 8 bedroom and 20,000 square feet home."

"Uh... Yes we do. Because when your mom come over, I don't want to be in her space."

"Her space? I thought you two were good. You too were talking at the homecoming party."

"First, of all when did we start calling it 'homecoming party.'? And second, I only did so I wouldn't look bad."

" So, you were fake?"

" NO! I just didn't want to look bad and ruin that moment."

"Fine, you proved your point. But you need to rebuild, your relationship. You made me rebuild my relationship with Brie."

"Yeah, because she's my sister."

"Yeah, because she's my mom."

"Well, time heals all things."

"Well, you weren't saying that when it came to Brie."

"Because you were stopping me from seeing her. Your mom can see you anytime you want, as long as it's not in the same space as me."

" You're overreacting."

"I am not, now if you excuse me I have to pee."