ROMAN

TWO WEEKS LATER
I spit out the remainder of the mouth wash, which started to burn my mouth before leaving and going into our bedroom. I see Nicole laying in our bed with the covers over her, as she devours the bag of chips in front of her and watches some reality... I don't know the name there are too many of them.
" Are you dressed yet?" I ask.
" No, you were in the bathroom."
" Well, I'm done. Go ahead." She signals me to come to her bedside only to pass me her bags chips.
" Here." She says throwing the covers to the side getting up and leaving. I was going to make a comment about not making her side of the bed, but I foresaw an argument coming. See I am learning not to start fights over stupid things.
" Hey, Nicole. I am going to load my luggage in the car because once we leave the appointment, I have to fly out and go to work. Are you okay to drive back?"
" Yea!" She shouts back.
" Okay, I will see you soon."

After loading my suitcase and double-checking to make sure I have everything, I wait and relax in the car, until she comes out. But while I wait I have the urge to do something that is eating me up inside. And I should do it now, but I feel bad about what happened with Brie two weeks ago. So I think it best that since she and her daughter will be staying with Nicole while I am gone, because my parents on our vacation, that I should make amends. 

" Hello?" She answers.
" Hey, it's Roman."
"  Is every alright with Nicole and the baby?"
" Yea."
" So why are you calling me?"
" Because I wanted to apologize for what happened. I feel bad about it, and I don't want it to be any bad blood when I see you. So again, I apologize and I hope you can forgive me."
" Roman, that's nice but I don't need an apology. But if you really are sorry treat my sister right.  I will see you later, Roman."