NICOLE

" Brie!" I shout as I see her coming up the driveway with my adorable niece. I see her little legs run up to me making me squat for a hug.
" You getting so big!" I say to her, with no response she runs passes me and inside the house. I wait for Brie to come in before closing the door. " How was your flight?" I ask as we walk to the living where my niece plays with her toys.
" Good! Birdie did well. No crying, she slept straight through."
" That's good. Do you want any water? I would offer wine, but I can't have any."
" No, I would hate to use the bathroom.... Especially since I am not wanted here."
" Brie, stop! That was almost a month ago. Things have gotten much better. We went house-hunting this week, but by the looks of it, we may just get one built that would fit all of our needs. And I revoked my wishes for the therapy because I looked it up and they said most newlyweds couple argue. So it fine."
" Okay, you said newlyweds, you two have been arguing since the day you started seeing each other. So look that up."
" Brie, shut up! And just be happy for me. I am happy, Roman's happy, the kids are happy, we are all happy."
" Ok well, speaking of Roman he called me the other day."
" About what?"
" To apologize for our argument. I thought he would have told you."
" No. What did you say?"
" That I don't need an apology, but to treat you right. Then I hang up."
" That's so rude. Why would you do that?"
" Because I was 100% sure, you told him to do that."
" I didn't, that was from his heart. I didn't even know. And even if I did at least he was mature enough to do it."
" Whatever, Nicole, I really don't care to have a relationship with him in the first place."
" Well, too bad because you are. You have always had something against him, and you need to get over it. Because he's my husband and your my twin. I didn't always get along with Daniel, but now look at us."
" Well, that different."
" How?"
" Because I was not his side chick! And we all knew he was going to turn around and break your heart and he did. There are too many times to count when you called me upset about something he did. So excuse me, if I don't want to invest time with your broken future."
" How dare you! Who do you think you are? At least he made an effort to include in our lives, my exes didn't care about your opinion. And Roman and I may have had a rough patch but at least we are going strong now, so talk to me when you and Daniel get that."