NICOLE

I come downstairs after being on the phone with Roman to see Brie on her laptop."
" Who was that?" Brie asks me.
" Who was that what?" I respond
" Who were on the phone with?" She asks again but being more anxious. I hate lying to her, but I need to make the right decision for Roman and my future.
" Oh, just a tax collector. Why?"
" Oh, I thought it was Roman, and I was like she better not be talking to him."
" Oh, no." I say, laughing it off. " What are you doing?"
" Oh, yea. So I was thinking that sense you are free now to do whatever. How about we take a girls trip. I was thinking about maybe something like glamorous but athletic as well. Like Hampton's or-"
" Yea, I don't know."
" What?"
" I was thinking about going to the house that Roman and I have out here, for the week. It's nothing against you or your family I just need to relax and think about my future."
" Think about what, Nicole? He flat out had sex with another woman the day before you got married, and won't admit it. Plus he threw you out of the house, and didn't care that you were pregnant or just got hospital. He has proved that he is untrustworthy."
" Yea, I know, Brie. But this is not just a breakup; we have many things surrounding this, including a baby. So I just need to think, alone and by myself."
" Fine, when are you leaving."
" I am thinking sometime today."
" Okay, well, have fun."
" I will. I am going to go pack. I will see you later."
As I run up the stairs, I can't help to smile, knowing she believes this.