Nicole

" Fine. Let me just put this plate away." I say picking up my plate, and putting it in the sink. When I get back everyone eyes remain on me. But the only difference is Roman stands bear his mom, as they whisper to each other. She then stands up, and walks over to me.
" Nicole, I think it's best that I talk to you over, Roman." She says. I just shake my head yes, because at this point I am running out of options.
We walk upstairs to Roman and my room, she takes a seat on the black leather love seat and I sit on the bed, I was to afraid she may punch me. " So how far along are you?"
" A month and 7 days." A quick smile appears on her face when I tell her that, but after there is a weird moments of silence because nobody has anything to say.
" Listen, Nicole, I am not shocked that you hate me and my family. I admit I was very rude to you when he first brought you home. And it was not you I being rude to. I thought to myself 'he is going to lose his family, over this fling. He is just depress... there is something he is not saying.' And I know I didn't get a chance to talk to you at wedding, but it was at that moment that I realized that you are his family. And I wanted to get closer with you, since you are my new daughter. So I thought why not visit them... but I truly didn't know that you had to deal with all of this. And I am so sorry that I my son cheated on you, and that I made that comment downstairs. But I know he does love you a lot... because you are all he talks about. So I don't expect things to change overnight, but I will like to get to know you better Nicole, you are now my daughter. You will be giving birth to my grandchild, and it is very important that we have this bond. So I hope that is something you want as well." I shake my head yes because I can't speak because I am too emotional. This is all I ever wanted." Oh don't cry, Nicole. Can I hug you?" She asks.

 Can I hug you?" She asks

" Yea." She gets up and gives me a very comfortable hug.
" See improvement already." She jokes, making us both laugh. " Alright, I can't wait to start this beautiful relationship, Nicole. But in the meantime, I will be downstairs. You are more than welcome to join us."
" Okay, I will but can you send Roman up?" I ask.
" Of course."