NICOLE

Roman and I drive on the way to our hotel, as most of our five-hour drive has been super quiet.
"You okay?" Roman asks me as he continues to drive.
"No. I am not okay."
"Don't tell me you are upset about earlier?" He says, laughing, driving me crazy and confused at the same time.
"What's so funny?" I ask with a serious attitude to show that I am not joking."Roman, I am more than upset."
"Why?"
"Because your daughter hates me. And you are not taking it seriously. Because Roman, at the end of the day, she will always love you because you are her, dad. And according to her, I am just an evil stepmom."
"Nicole, your not evil."
"Well, that's what she thinks because you handle it your way. And didn't care how it impacted me."
"That's not true. I had their mom pick them up so you could not deal with that stress."
"But I didn't get to say anything or defend myself."
"Defend yourself? Nicole, she's a kid. They say things they don't mean. But your act liking one, get over it."
"Get over it? How about you get it? Do you understand how hard it is to come into your family? Could you imagine if I had kids already, and they hated it you?"
"I would say whatever and move on."
"But I can not do that because I want to build a relationship with her. But... But... Just shut up!" I yell in frustration.
"Nicole, you are reacting!" does he not understand he is getting on my nerves.
"Roman, shut up!" I yell at him, putting my headphones in, before trying to take a nap.