Chapter 46 - Ocean

Drew: Ocean, where are you? You can't deprive me from my own daughter. You can't do this to me and Char. What happened to us? Why are you giving me silent treatment like this. Give me a chance to talk to you.

I exhale. I look at Char. Day 4 and she starts protesting to me that she wants her dad. I bite my lower lip and muster all my strength to call Drew.

"Ocean" he answers in the first ring. No, it's actually the half ring.

"Drew"

"Where are you, Ocean? I pick you up now. Where's Char? Is she okay? Are you okay? Where are you. I'm on my way."

I wince at his words. He worried about us. I should've at least told him I'm fine instead went silent on him.

"Is Char crying? Is she okay? What happened Ocean?" He keeps asking.

"She is okay. It's..."

"Where are you? Why does Char keep crying?" He asks.

"I'm in Fi's apartment" I say weakly.

"I'm on my way now." He ends the phone but I can hear he says "Riley cancel all my appointments today"

I bite my lower lip. Why does he have to be panicked like that? He doesn't care about me. If he cared he wouldn't lie to me, right?

***

Once I open the door, Drew comes and crushes me in his hug. He almost broke all my bones, because he hugs me super tight.

"Where is Char?"

"In her room" I say.

He kisses my head and goes to Char's room. I follow him. And the next view comes to my eyes... it's just... God, how can I live without this? Drew is hugging Char tightly. Char too. I swear the little girl's eyes are glassy.

I bite my lower lip. I feel like a witch in a Rapunzel movie who doesn't let Rapunzel meet her parents. Ugh...

"God Char, I missed you so much. I missed you" Drew says it again and again. My heart breaks again and again.

He comes to me and hugs me too. Kissing my head. "Don't do that again to me, Ocean. I'm almost crazy, you know?" He whispers. His voice was full of emotion.

I swallow my sob.

"Whatever it is, we can fix it as long as we are together, Ocean" he says again. I pull back. "No we can't" I say.

He frowns and looks at me. Char is still in his arms snuggled comfortably.

"I..." I shake my head. "We talk after Char sleeps. It's already her sleeping time" I say. Drew looks at me a tad bit longer and finally he nods. "I'll feed her with her milk"

I swallow and nod, leaving them in the room.

***

Turns out it took longer for Char to sleep. Maybe she was just too happy to see Drew. Ugh I'm the witch mother from Rapunzel.

I'm sitting on the couch, still waiting for Drew. It's already more than half an hour.

Click.

Drew comes out and sits next to me. "Charlene kept asking me to play," he chuckles.

"She missed you" I say.

"Yeah I missed her too." Drew looks at me deeply "I missed you too, Ocean"

I swallow.

He caresses my cheek "what happened? Did you forget you promise not to leave me like this?" He asks softly. God, I want to forget about all this and snuggle in him.