Chapter 18 - Drew

I grin widely. Too wide until my cheeks hurt. Somehow when Ocean told me she was home alone I couldn't help the grin on my face. I almost shout 'yes' and pump my hand in the air. I needed to hold my cheeks to not grin too wide.

Yes, at least she's alone tonight. Tomorrow... tomorrow I will go to her mom's birthday and afterward I'm going to tell her that I can't get her out of my mind. If she wants to give me a chance I will do my best and maybe we can make it to a relationship. But if she doesn't want it... Well I guess I really have to try harder to let her go.

I rub my face. Please God, I have never been a player. You can't do this to me. It's too cruel if Ocean rejected me without even giving it a shoot.

My phone ping. I look at it. Ocean sends me a voice message.

Ocean: Thank you Drew. I know you were the one who told your friends about my dream to be a fashion consultant. Thank you so much!

And there is a screenshot article of Madeline, Meredith and Amy's dress from tonight.

My friends made sure the press knew that Ocean helped them with their dress tonight. And the press put their magic words. And for sure lots of people will start looking for Ocean. Especially with Meredith on the front page.

I check on Ocean's instagram. The follower rising up. I smile to myself. I'm so proud of you, Ocean. You create your own path.

Drew: I did nothing, peacock. It's all you. And I'm so proud of you.

Ocean: always the humble. I'll treat you to lunch next week. Good night Mr. Roderick.

Drew: good night Ms. Goldreich.

***

I arrived at Brittany Ford's house. I brought a birthday present for her, a Chanel bag she's been eyeing for a while. How do I know? She told this not too subtle when she invited me via phone call. Yes, that is Brittany Ford. Thank God her daughters don't inherit her personality. And I also bring a bouquet of flowers for the Ocean. She always loves blue hydrangea. So a big bouquet of blue hydrangea for her. To brighten up her day and hopefully help her to accept what I'm going to tell her.

I came a little bit too early, so there was no other car. I parked my Maserati and went down with my presents and flowers.

I go to the right since the sign told me to do so. It's a pool party. Some of the catering finalizes the touch. "Andreas!" Brittany calls me from the house and walks toward me. She looks young, maybe people who don't know will think she is Ocean's sister. After all she was only 15 when she was pregnant with Ocean. And with her focus to marry a millionaire or even billionaire of course she has to maintain her look.

"Happy birthday Brittany" I come and hug her.

"What lovely presents you have there" but her eyes on the Chanel paper bag.

I chuckle and give her the Chanel. "I'm sorry Brittany, but the flowers is for your daughter"

She laughs happily and takes the Chanel. "That's okay. I'm more than happy with just this" of course.

"That one for me?" Comes a soft voice behind me. I turn around and found her. Ocean smiles softly at me. Her hair is styled in loose curly, her favorite style. She is wearing a navy blue dress with a big belt bow in cream color. Matching with her nude heels. And somehow our dress matches too. I'm wearing a long sleeves navy shirt that I rolled to my arms, with khakis slacks and navy shoes.

I come to her and kiss her cheek "for you" I say, giving her the flowers.

She blushes a bit but she grins happily at me. "Thank you Drew. This is my favorite" she says softly and takes it from me.