Chapter 16 - Drew

I don't want to lose you Drew. So let's just forget about this. This time for real. It's better for me to keep you as my best friend. Because you meant too much for me.

I close my eyes and inhale deeply. That's the last words from Ocean when she left my room in Roderick St. Sicilia.

A month later, her words are still ringing in my head.

A month later I still couldn't forget the way I make love to her, the way she lost herself in me.

A month later, I still can't find another woman to replace her... no, the right words are... my mind, my brain, my heart even my dick are together vote for Ocean and only her. I don't even try.

My cell phone rings. "Roderick"

"Andrew, it's me Connor Goldreich"

My eyebrows jump. "Yes Connor?" The last time we talked was in St. Sicilia, he gave crazy numbers for the land in Miami. I almost asked him to fuck off if I don't have any better control.

"Still remember the land you are interested in Miami?"

"Of course, how can I forget?" I chuckle.

"I can give you the fair market price or even slightly lower than that. Slightly, Drew"

I raise an eyebrow. What he wants from me? There is no way Connor Goldreich is playing a good charity man.

"But..."

Here we go!

"I want you to convince Ocean to stay in Goldreich"

I frown. "Excuse me?"

"I want her to stay in Goldreich. Sit on Jeff's position"

"What?" Jeff's position means the CEO of Goldreich Group. Why? As far as I know Jeff has been nurtured to sit in that position since forever.

"That's the deal, Drew. I'll give you the land. If you can bring Ocean back to New York and work as the head of Goldreich group"

"But... what about Jeff?" Jeff is (or now was) the heir of Goldreich group. It's not a secret to anyone. Eleanor always said that was because Jeff is the smartest one. The truth is because Dean and Zac have zero interest in Goldreich especially with aunt Eleanor in the scene kept nagging for Connor to make Jeff as the head of the company. Not that Jeff isn't smart. He is smart and sharp, but Zac and Dean aren't dumb too. As a matter of fact all of them not only hit the jackpot in their face but also in their brain.

"Jeff resigned from the company"

"Jeff what?" There is no way he did that.

He exhales. "I'm calling not to talk about my family's issue, Drew. Bring Ocean to Goldreich, we can sign the paper of the land"

"I don't even know where she is," I say just because I am still confused with the news. I know she is in LA. She told me this in St. Sicilia that she wants to move to LA. And I know she met the girls too a few days ago. I told them that Ocean is relocating to LA and trying to be a fashion consultant. I asked them to use her service, giving her an opportunity to spread her wings. And my friends agreed.

"She is relocating to LA. You can ask your family PI, Austin Valdez, for this. Or simply call her. I don't have forever to give you all the information. I need to take care of the Goldreich while my children are running away from their responsibilities. Good day Drew" he hung up the phone.

What the...

I call Austin Valdez, the family PI. "What do you want, Drew?" As always no hi how are you.