Chapter 26 - Ocean

Drew doesn't let me change my mind. It only needs a day to move in. So here am I, having dinner at Drew's house, while Char is playing with her new toys from Drew at the small crib next to us.

Betsy left salmon in the fridge, all we have to do is heating it in the microwave. She knows I can't cook.

Char eyeing my salmon. I laugh "not yet, little bunny, This is mine."

Drew chuckles too. "wait for a minute okay. Mommy and daddy need to recharge our energy too"

Mommy and daddy... God I'm ovulating again. Wait... talk about ovulating.. where am I going to sleep tonight. "um... Drew... where did you people put my stuff?"

He looks at me deeply. I bite my lower lip.

"Where do you want them to put it?" leave it to Drew to ask me back my question.

"Um..." I look away.

"Okay I'll move it to the bedroom next to Char later"

I close my eyes. My stuff in his room.

I look at my empty plate. "I'll do that now" and I don't wait for him to answer, I run to the room. Yes, Ocean Dove Goldreich is a coward. I don't know how to face Drew about this. I told him rather clearly that I want him back as my friend, but later... At mom's birthday he acted more, what with the flowers for me, the caresses and everything else, and later before we could figure everything out, Fi's gave birth to Char, and later she died. Now... we are like co-parents.

I need to think clearly. I can't let my lust to mess things up. I have Char between us now, especially after I decided to move in here. God...What should I do...

My phone suddenly rings, I jump. I look at it and.. it's my grandpa's face. My eyes widened almost pop out. Shit... what does grandpa want from me now? I hope it's not about him disagreeing that I'm taking care of Char.

I clear my throat. "Hello grandpa?"

"Ocean... Where are you now?"

Um.... "at home" I chose the safe word.

"By home you mean?"

Let me introduce you to my almighty grandpa Nolan. It didn't surprise me if he said he has a cctv with me 24/7.

"Roderick Beverly"

"The Penthouse" it's a statement.

"Yes" I say short.

He exhales. Uh oh... "are you sure, Ocean?"

"About?"

"Be a mom to a baby. I know she is your niece and you love her. But it's not as simple as it may seem."

I swallow.

"You will have to sacrifice a lot of your time. You will have to sacrifice part of your life, your career and everything for the baby"

"I know but she doesn't have anyone else"

"She can have it in foster parents if that was your concern."

"I'm not going to give her to some foster parents" I say, frowning.

"I'm just giving you some options." He says matter of factly.

"Look grandpa, Charlene has been with me since she was inside my sister's tummy. I was the one who accompanied her when she came to the world. It's not just because I'm her guardian, but also because I love her. I'd do that even if my sister didn't put me as the guardian of Char"