Chapter 34 - Ocean

Courthouse wedding.

Never once in my wildest dream I imagine to have this simple wedding. But it doesn't matter, right?

Dad and aunt Eleanor have one of the biggest weddings in their era. Look at them! They're definitely far from a perfect couple.

And our wedding purpose is clear. We want to secure Char's future. Drew's friends and their better half are here, Zac and Dean too. I wouldn't be surprised if Zac and Dean bring a samurai and chop Drew into pieces. I don't know what Drew told them but somehow they agreed to be here. Witnessing their only sister married in the courthouse. And there are Theodore Roderick and Elena, much to my surprise. Drew invited them personally. Wow! I didn't expect that.

I'm wearing my simple white long dress that hugged my body into perfection. I just bought it (with Drew's credit card). I pull my hair in a loose ponytail, with a bit messy to make it look natural. Lacy with a headband that falls prettily to my loose curl ponytail.

The shoes, Stuart Weitzman Cinderella Slippers. I know it's super expensive, but Drew said I can use his credit card for my outfit today. After all, I'm marrying him now. Yes I'll ruin your credit card ohohohoho. No, I'm kidding. It's because I know Drew can afford it without a blink.

Drew is in his expensive Brioni tux. And he looks handsomely delicious. As usual his hair disheveled in the middle. My favorite.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Roderick," the judge says. Drew looks at me and somehow I feel so nervous. It takes all of me to not twirl my hair.

Drew's hand goes to my cheek, his thumb freeing my lip. He leans and kisses my mouth so soft. It's like yearning, afraid and... I don't know...

He pulls back and looks at me. "Ocean Dove Roderick" he whispers and my face flush. Drew caresses my face, and I don't know what should I do so I do the same, caressing his face too. The rings wink at me from my finger. The wedding band is full of small diamonds, and the engagement ring, the heirloom of Roderick Family.

Drew and I walk out from the courthouse.

"Congratulations!!" The girls squeal happily at me. Madeline, Meredith and Amy hug me tightly. While Drew hugs with the guys.

I chuckle "you guys know this is not real" I say in whisper.

"But still! How can you say it's not real when Drew kissed you like" Madeline giggles happily.

"Oh stop!" My face blushes.

"Ocean" Theodore Roderick comes to me with Elena.

"Go, father in law is calling you" Amy grins and I glare at them while they are laughing.

"Welcome to the Roderick family, sweetheart" Theo hugs me. They know this is fake. But somehow I can feel our friends and Drew's family really happy for us. I don't know why...

I smile "thank you for coming" I say softly.

"Why wouldn't I come. My only son married. of course I should come." Theo takes my hand and looks at the engagement ring "take care of this, Ocean" he says, his voice full of emotion.

I swallow and look at Theo. Real or fake marriage, real or fake wife. I will take care of this ring. Until it's the time for me to return it back to Drew. "I will, Theo. After all this is my legacy to take care of this" I squeeze his hand tightly.

***

"Let me know if you need any help" Zac hugs me.

"I'm okay Zac. Do I strike you as someone who can be easily intimidated?" I smile at him.