Ugh...Men

Chapter 35

The door closed for the second time lighter and with less anger then the first time, "he didn't say goodbye. I made a fool of myself, I got so drunk" Freya said with a pout on her face.

"No, I don't think you did. Its late and Stefan brings out the worse in him, just let him simmer for the night and talk to him tomorrow."

"Maybe your right. Its just been so long since I was courted by someone. Electricity didn't even exist yet."

Caroline let out a small giggle "I Haven't been out of the game that long but its has been almost 5 years so I might not be the best person to ask for advise. I wasted years being in love with a monster and trying to hide my feeling for a man who was kind and protective because I was told he was a monster and now I might have lost him forever." Caroline tried to hide her face in her tea as she shed some tears. Freya pulled her into a hug "I've never seen him look at someone the way he looks at you. He still calls you his light and credits you for bring back his humanity. If it weren't for you he would never have given me a chance. I wouldn't have a family." The pair were now both crying while in a tight embrace.

"He gives me too much credit, he is a good man he just needed people to stick around long enough to show them."

"The fact that you know that just proves my point."

They sat at the table for a while in silence. Freya eventually placed her tea cup in the sink and retired to her room. Caroline made herself another cup and found herself in her office checking emails and ordering decorations for a few events she has coming up. Her phone rang startling her and causing her to jump grabbing the phone and answering in without looking at the caller ID.

C- Hello?

M- Caroline? Its Mark is everything ok?

C- Yeah, its just been along day that's all.

M- What happened? Tell me about it.

C- I threw a party for my good friends birthday and his brother was there, he's my ex so it was weird.

M- That Klaus guy?

C- No. He and I never dated really, just a high school fling if you could even call it that. I'm more friends with his sister and ex then him. (Caroline down played her feeling for Klaus knowing that Mark or Marcel and he is called hates Klaus and wants to use her against him.)

M- Ok. So who is this ex?

C- His name is Stefan. We were together for about three years. After we broke up he harassed me. Eventually he ended up with my best friends while she was dating his brother.

M- What a childish little boy. Who treats someone like that? Is he still bothering you?

C- No. He now says he misses me and wants me back. He is married to my former best friend. He even showed up here a few hours ago lucky my roommates and her boyfriend showed up and threw him out.

M- Why would you let him in?

C- I didn't the door was unlocked and he just walked in.

M- WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR DOOR UNLOCKED? YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHATS OUT THERE.

C- I can handle myself thank you very much and I don't appreciate you yelling at me like a child.

M- Care... I'm sorry I just..

C- You know what its late. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

She quickly ended the call turned off her computer. She went to the kitchen and was the dirty dishes in the sink before retiring to her room for a nice long shower.