Talk

Chapter 33

The party had ended Hayley and Elijah as well as Kol and Davina decided to stay at a hotel across the street for some one on one time, Klaus and Cami were off somewhere Freya was spending some time with Enzo and Rebekah had vanished as well, Caroline assumed she had snuck off to see Matt. This left just Caroline and Hope. They had decided to watch Sweeney Todd as long as Hope promised not to tell her parents. Caroline had made popcorn got her and Hope a glass of water and started the movie. There were about fifteen minutes in to the move when Hope asked "Is this what it feels like to be normal?"

"I wouldn't know, my father was in and out of my life and my mother worked almost everyday and all night so I was always on my own."

"My daddy is away a lot."

"I'm sure its only because he must leave. He loves you very much and hates to be away from you."

"How would you know?"

"I'd like to think I know him very well and I'm not sure if you remember but when you were first born he had to send you and Aunt Bekah away because your were in danger. His entire ride back to New Orleans he cried on the phone scared that he would fail and some terrible would happen to you. In the time I've known your father I've seen him go through a lot of really sad things and I only heard him cry one time before that night."

"When was that?"

"When he was forced to watch your Uncle Kol die."

"I just miss him is all. He is always with her when he is home and she is bad, she wants to hurt us" Hope pleaded.

"I feel it to sweetheart I'm looking after him, I promise."

The girls went back to watching the movie for another twenty minutes or so before Hope asked "whats going to happen if you can't fix her?"

"I'm not fixing her Hope, I'm just trying to teach her how to better control her want for blood."

"So even if this works she's still gonna be evil?"

Caroline sighed "I don't really know. Some people get mean when they first turn usually its because all their emotion and amplified and anger is easiest to deal with, not to mention people are usually pretty upset they've died. Very few people get to choice to be a vampire."

"Were you mean when you first became a vampire."

"No, no she was still the very sweet, kind person she always was" Came from a male voice she'd never forget. She took a few deep breaths before turning to acknowledge the man who stood in the front door way.

"Stefan."