Ass from the Past

Chapter 34

Caroline took Hope upstairs and read her to sleep, taking her time praying that when she got back downstairs Stefan would have gotten annoyed and leave. Unfortunately for her he did not. When she returned to the living room she did not acknowledge him, just started cleaning up the snacks from her and Hopes impromptu movie night. "Why'd you have to put the brat to bed? Are we all alone?"

"She isn't a brat, I enjoy spending time with her. Yes her parents are out but will be back soon."

"You can't just replaced the twins with her. None of those kids are yours no matter how much you sacrifice for them. He isn't going to love you just because you are good with his kid."

"You don't know what you are talking about! My relationship with Hope has nothing to do with her father. I helped raise that baby. I love her!"

"That might be true but you would never have agreed to house her and Rebekah if you didn't love him."

"If you really believe that then you never knew me."

"Yes Care we know you are the vampire martyr."

"Why are you here Stefan?"

"I miss you" he confessed advancing toward her, with every step he took forward she took back. "Why don't I believe that?"

"Because you've been brain washed by the Mikaelsons."

"Thats not true I've hated you for years and they just came back into my life a few months ago. Do you think its because you mocked and taunted me? Because you slept with your brothers girlfriend for two years and told him on his birthday."

"I loved you Caroline and you were pinning after a evil man who had a child with a women you hated, of course I was lashing out. Hell he's moved on and here you are still pinning after him now."

"I am not. I am in a relationship with a nice man and even if I wasn't I wouldn't want you. I don't even want to be your friend. You and your wife are mean people and you really deserve each other, Now get out of my house."

Stefan ran toward her stopping right in front of her, so close she could feel his breath "make me."

"You are no longer stronger then me. Do not push me Stefan."

He was about to take the last step to Caroline before he makes a move Freya fell threw the door giggling as Enzo tried to catch her. "Caroline sweetheart do help me with my lady please?" Caroline and Enzo pulled her to her feet. Once Freya got to her feet she made eye contact with Stefan and questioned "Why are you here?"

"Caroline invited me." Freya let out a large laugh and added "no she didn't, she hates you." Enzo's gaze shift from Freya to Caroline noticing the uncomfortable look on her face. "Care would you help her to the kitchen and get her some water please?" Once the women were in the kitchen Enzo focused all this attention on Stefan. "What are you doing here? Don't you think you've done enough ?"

"You know nothing about our relationship."

"Thats where your wrong, your brother and I took care of her while you where off stealing Elena and taunting her with your new found humanity. Shoving it in her face that you'd be able to have everything she wanted and can't have."

"She was suppose to be mine yet she left me for that monster."

"Hes not the first monster she fell for was he? Its late and I'm sure your wife is looking for you. Now leave before I break your neck and this time you wont come back."

Stefan walked toward the door not breaking contact with Enzo. He grabbed the knob but before leaving he looked deeper into Enzo eyes "Friendly tip everyone who ends up loving a Mikaelson dies brutally and early" the door slams behind Stefan and Enzo lets out a sigh and takes a deep breath. He hears Freya and Caroline talking so he decides to leave, honestly what Stefan said did get to him and he just needs some time to think.