Nothings Changed

Chapter 24

The rest of the meal was uneventful and Caroline was now visiting Damon and Bonnie at their apartment. "Hey Blondie haven't seen you around these parts since the big bad hybrid came into town." Caroline rolled her eyes at him while Bonnie slapped him lightly. "So how is this Mark I've been hearing about?" She sighed and explained the entire situation to them. "So when do we strike?"

"Not sure waiting on Klaus's word.

"So he's pretending to be with Cami and your still faking it with Mark?" Bonnie question recapping the last part of her friends dialog. "Yep"

"Hows that going?"

"Terrible."

"Hang in there barbie because its gonna get a lot worse Stefan and Elena are coming for my birthday."

"Lovely that just what I need" she poured herself a large glass of Damon's Bourbon and slid down to the couch.

It was one in the morning when she left to return home. She flung herself through the door dropping her shoes at the bottom of the stairs, when making her way to the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea. "Your getting in late" came from a British voice but not the voice she wanted to hear. "I was visiting with Bonnie and Damon."

"I assumed they'd be here more often."

"Normally they would be but tomorrow is Damon's birthday and I'm planing his party so I banished him from the house so he wouldn't go snooping around and ruin the surprise." Klaus was leaving his studio when he heard them talking, knowing it was wrong he had to listen in. "It seem you and Damon have grown to be close friends."

"Yeah he was there for me when Stefan...well you know. And I was there for him when Elena chose Stefan."

"Of course but he has Bonnie not and they both seem happier then I've ever seen them. And you have Mark" He asked inquisitively.

"Yeah..... Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked with a nervous laugh.

"Hayley informed me about your feelings for my brother." Hayley is sure more of a gossip Klaus thought as he continued to eavesdrop.

"What are your thoughts on that Elijah?"

"I have always hope you and my brother would find your have to each other. Over the years the way I've seen how you've loved and been loyal and devoted to Tyler and Stefan made me know for certain that you are the one for Niklaus. He deserves to be treated that way."

"Hopefully Cami treats him that way." Caroline sighed deeply though she know Klaus shared her feelings he was still with Cami.

"He never truly moved on. He showed an interest in her because she had similar qualities to you. I don't believe he intended for it to be anything serious but then she got turned and he feels guilty. I see the way he looks at you when he thinks no one is pay attention. The way he got jealous when you went on a date with Enzo."

"He got jealous?" Klaus rolled his eyes knowing he was going to hear about this later.

"Yes, he smashed a chair, Jo was not happy with him that evening." She smiled and too a long sip of her tea.

"Caroline enjoy your time with Mark but please do not give up on my brother."

"I couldn't even it I wanted to, I'm in love with the fool." Elijah patted her on before leaving the room.