69.0

"You have to let it go. You can hold on to the hate and the love and even the bitterness, but you have to go of the blame. The blame is what's tearing you down, babe."

Colleen Hoover

-

"Conspiracy to attempted murder? He is a victim himself for fuck's sake!" After Seokjin had been done yelling at the officer it was turn for Yoongi's father to do the exact same thing. "Sir, he was around the attempt at the time."

"So!? Hell even ask Taehyung and he'll tell you that Yoongi is a victim in this situation! My son will not be going to answer those type of questions!" He pushed past the officer, sick and tired of their bullshit.

"Sir."

"No."

-

Eventually the officers ended up asking Taehyung what Yoongi's role was, exempting him from the questioning of conspiracy. However he still got called in to testify against Hyeonjun, having to tell these unknown officers about all the traumas he expierenced. It didn't help that the only person allowed to sit next to him during this was a lawyer. Not his parents, not Hoseok, hell he would've been at ease with Seokjin sitting there but no, a lawyer. Someone he doesn't know but has to trust nonetheless.

Yoongi's therapist had sent in his files to help and eventually the police stated that there was enough evidence. He could finally leave, he wouldn't have to wait much longer until Hyeonjun would be locked behind bars for a long time. He would be trialed for Attempted murder, domestic abuse and rape. Yoongi hoped this would put his mind to rest.

Unfortunately the damage had been done, awakening in cold sweat and screaming his lungs out for someone to help. Being overly aware of his surroundings, constantly looking over his shoulder no matter where he was. Not daring to put a foot outside, not the garden, not the patio. He had been living like this for weeks, barely going to school, not opening the door for Hoseok, rarely answering his texts or calls.

"Yoongi! Sweetheart! We are allowed to visit Taehyungie today!" Yoongi shot up from his bed when he heard his mother say those words. He can visit? He can see his best friend again? The only information they would get was from Tae's family, but they didn't know a lot either. Just that he was alive.

He rushed down stairs, hair still sticking in every direction from his 5 hour nap. "At least look a little better." His mother complained, smoothing his hair down. "No time, we need to go!" He tried pulling his mother along who gave him a stern look. "We're waiting for Hayun to arrive, he's coming along." Hayun, right. Taehyung's boyfriend. He's probably looking more forward to see him then to see Yoongi. "Don't mope around, you're seeing Taehyungie remember?" The doorbell rang, making Yoongi flinch.

"Guess he's here."

-

They stood in front of the door, waiting for the light to go to green. It finally did, they quietly made their way into the room. Taehyung was laying down, he wasn't allowed to bend his neck that much yet so he was in a brace.

Yoongi and Hayun both rushed to the bed, both of them carefully grabbing one of his hands. Taehyung looked at them with sleepy eyes, a soft smile finding it's way on his face. "Are you okay?" Yoongi looked down at him with concerned eyes. "Yeah." He said with a groggy and deep voice, deeper than normal. A bandage was wrapped around Taehyung's neck, covering up the big wound in his neck. "I'm glad to see you. Both of you." He shortly broke eye contact with Yoongi to look at Hayun. "Taehyungie we bought flowers for you, I remembered you liked the smell of them." Yoongi's mom came into Taehyung's field of vision, a big bouquet in her hands. "Thank you Baram."

"Never scare me like that again okay?" Hayun called out. Taehyung softly chuckled before wincing in pain. "I'll try." Hayun seemed on the verge of tears, Taehyung reached out and softly cupped his face. "Don't cry. I'll be fine." Hayun softly nodded, his hand taking Taehyung's hand and pressing a soft kiss on it.

"I'm-" Yoongi choked up, trying to blink away his tears. Taehyung squeezed softly in his hand. "You're blaming yourself aren't you?" A tear made it's way out of Yoongi's eye. "How could I not? I nearly lost you because of my cowardice." Taehyung shook his head softly, if you had blinked you would've missed it. "No, this is Hyeonjun's fault."

"But- he got to you through me-"

"I will always protect you, even if it would cost my life." Taehyung whispered, looking at his friend with soft eyes.

"That's exactly why I'm worried."

"You shouldn't be."