46.0

"Very often, gleams of light come in a few minutes' sleeplessness, in a second
perhaps; you must fix them. To entrust them to the relaxed brain is like writing on water; there is every chance that on the morrow there will be no slightest trace left of any happening."

Antonin Sertillanges

-

"Hoseok, you have been staring at your phone all day. Do something else for once." Hoseok dropped his phone on the counter and walked over to the couch to face plant in the pillows. "Hoseok that isn't any better. Go do some homework."

"Already finished it."

"Go study for some tests."

"I don't have any upcoming test."

"Go do that history project!"

"Already got my grade back for that." Hoseok's mother sighed, rubbing her temples. "Just make yourself useful. Your dad and I don't work very long hours for you to just sit around and do nothing." Hoseok sat up, giving his mother a tired stare. "Why don't you go out? You're 17 and still haven't introduced us to a nice girl." Hoseok sucked in his breath. "I'm... Not really in the mood for that."

"Nonsense! Hoseok highschool sweethearts are the foundation to your future love life! You should go and meet some cuties. You're handsome, you're happy, you can dance. I bet there are a lot of girls swooning over you."

"No mom." Hoseok's father walked down the stairs, giving his wife a kiss before squeezing Hoseok's shoulders. "What are you looking grumpy today?"

"Mom told me to get off my phone and now wants me to find a girlfriend." His father laughed. "I know a thing or two about getting girls. I married the prettiest of them all." Hoseok raised the corner of his lip in disgust. "Hey! Jung Hoseok I was the prettiest girl at school! That's where you and your sister got your looks from!" Hoseok pushed himself off the couch and grabbed his phone. "I'm leaving."

"Why don't you go to your old dance studio! I'm sure your old teacher would love to see you." Hoseok hummed before closing the door behind him.

-

Hoseok sat down on the bench, rubbing his forehead while the cold autumn air hit his face. He looked at his phone, still no reply from Yoongi. Should he go over to check up?

No, his father would just beat him up. Hoseok looked at his phone once more before dialing a number.

"Can we talk?"

-

Hoseok had his eyes closed when a shadow blocked the sun that was previously on his face. He opened his eyes and was met with the blank stare of Taehyung. "What do you want to talk about?"

"First of all, I'm sorry I left Yoongi in there... You trusted me with him and I just ruined that." Taehyung raised his brow, looking down coldly. "And?"

"And I want to know how I can improve so I can help Yoongi out better. Like- what you do." Taehyung sighed before sitting down on the bench next to Hoseok. "Don't let Yoongi know." It was unclear to Hoseok what he meant until Taehyung pulled out a small notebook out of his pocket and handed it over. "What is this?"

"Notes that I took over the years, what works, what makes it worse." Hoseok looked at Taehyung before opening the little book. The start of the book was messy and felt unsure, it became clear at what point Taehyung had gained the control just based on how he wrote it down. "Why did you make notes?"

"I'm not perfect Hoseok, I make mistakes, I forget. I didn't always know what to do." Hoseok looked at the book in awe, gaining a lot more respect for Taehyung. "Why is Yoongi not allowed to know?"

"Does the sentence 'I don't need a babysitter' ring a bell for you? He said that to me all the time, if he knew I watched him like a child he wouldn't be very happy." Hoseok scanned a little more through the book, everything was written down in details. "...Nightmares?"

"Oh, that's a new one. Didn't know he had those until I moved into the same house." Hoseok opened his mouth before closing it again. "What is it?"

"....What happened that caused.... this?" Taehyung awkwardly scratched his neck. "A lot, but that's Yoongi's place to tell you."

Taehyung looked at his notebook, fumbling with his fingers. "How about you take a few pictures of the pages you think are important?" Hoseok nodded and pulled his phone out and taking a few pictures. "Please dear god put them in a different folder. You're the only one so far that I trust by showing this book, don't make me regret it."

"Okay. Thank you so much for sharing this with me Taehyung." Hoseok hesitantly opened his arms to invite Taehyung in for a hug. Taehyung took his book back before pulling Hoseok in for a hug. "Fuck this up and I'll make sure that you mysteriously break all your bones in a freak accident." Hoseok awkwardly patted Taehyung's back before letting go. "Noted."

-

A/N:  thought I would give y'all an update on how far into the book we are atm. We are just over half way... I know... There is a lot. I promise more action (and angst, sorry) will come later into the book. :)

So I sincerely hope you still enjoy this book because we still have a lot to cover.