𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. behind every great man is a great woman

( volume i, chapter viii )

behind every great man is a great woman

RIVERDALE HIGH

OCTOBER 5TH, 2017

RIVERDALE

''Do you think we could talk?''

Mia scarcely glanced up from the glossy pages of the magazine she was reading, analysing Bella Hadid's newest paparazzi photos from Miami Beach.

''I'm busy.'' She disregarded, continuing to accidentally ogle at the celebrities, this time Lana Del Rey.

''It's important'' Archie pressed.

''Nothing's more important than keeping up with celeb gossip, Archibald,'' she replied, ''now, shoo, you're disrupting my feng shui.''

''It's about Jughead, Mia. That's important.''

''Duty calls,'' the blonde threw a hazardly expression at Serena, reluctantly lifting herself from the crinkled velvet armchair, ''follow me, ginger.''

She led him to a supply closet, inching the door open and shoving him in, only entering herself once the coast was clear. A yellow, meager light shone between the two, but Mia still noticed his blushing cheeks. He gulped at the close proximity with such an attractive girl, the information about her brother momentarily slipping from his mind.

''Do I make you nervous, Archie?'' She asked innocently, stepping closer in the already claustrophobic space.

''Uh . . .'' he stuttered, praying to any and all deities she wasn't near enough to feel the growing bulge in his trousers, ''that's not what I needed to talk to you about.''

''Hm. Get on with it, then.''

''Jughead's living at school.''

Mia stared at him for a few seconds, processing his words. ''Define ❛living at school❜.''

''Literally, Mia. He sleeps in a supply closet just like this one, except under the stairs. Only this morning I found him showering in the locker room, and I thought you should know too.''