𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. bitches at the bijou

( volume ii, chapter xxxvi )

bitches at the bijou

RIVERDALE HIGH

JANUARY 30TH, 2018

RIVERDALE

''Did you just tell my brother that Archie and Betty kissed?'' Mia asked, washing her hands in the warm water before reapplying a fresh coat of lip gloss.

''Yes,'' Cheryl replied, ruffling her red locks. ''So what if I did?''

''Did you at the very least have a reason?''

''Oh, that's right; you haven't been here in a while, let me reintroduce myself. Hi, I'm Cheryl Blossom, a.k.a. Cheryl Bombshell, which means any reason is good enough for me. Feel free to tremble.''

''I'd reintroduce myself too, but I'm pretty unforgettable. Do you need a reminder just how much I can make those around me tremble, Blossom?''

Cheryl glanced hesitantly at the blonde beside her, biting her tongue. It felt as if someone had cranked the heater up to full blast in the bathroom the second Mia's hand made contact with the skin of the redhead's arm.

''Why don't you tell me what's bothering you, because it's no secret you're deeply disturbed, bombshell.''

She found her footing, remembering last time the two girls where left alone in a bathroom together. ''Get your sapphic Serpent hands off of my body!''

''Sapphic?'' Mia called, laughing to herself as Cheryl stormed out the bathroom. ''In your dreams, gingersnap.''

༺✧༻

SUNNYSIDE TRAILER PARK

JANUARY 31ST, 2018

SOUTHSIDE RIVERDALE

''Jughead! Jughead, you're not gonna believe it,'' FP yelled into the phone, Mia at his side.

''Uh—hold on. I can't really hear you, hold on a sec.''

''Everyone's at the trailer celebrating, Juggie!''

''Listen, the eviction notices, the back rent, it's all gone, paid in full. No one has to move out!''

''That's amazing! How did this happen?''

''You! You shamed him into it, he did a complete one-eighty.''

''Who did? What are you talking about?''

''Veronica's ❛daddykins❜.''

''Hiram. Hiram Lodge. He just bought Sunnyside Trailer Park and said we can all stay. We're staying!''

༺✧༻

THE BIJOU

JANUARY 31ST, 2018

RIVERDALE

''Let me guess, some cherry cola for Cheryl Bombshell?''

''Oh, my God,'' Cheryl grumbled, rolling her eyes. ''What do you want? And why do you keep stalking me?''

''As fun as it is to grind your gears, I'm not,'' Mia quipped. ''I came to see a movie with Serena and she bailed on me for some booty call. Your turn.''

The redhead stayed silent for a couple of seconds, before swallowing her pride and answering truthfully. ''I'm alone at the movies, and I'm trying to stay away from my mother who has turned our house into her sexual playpen.''

''Sounds revolting,'' the blonde commented, nodding thoughtfully. ''I was gonna go grab a seat alone, unless you want some company to exchange snide remarks with at the movie, but no pressure.''

She received no answer, yet Cheryl took her glass bottle and led Mia to two red velvet seats.

༺✧༻

POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE

JANUARY 31ST, 2018

RIVERDALE

''You may think you've mastered the art of silent tears, but as a seasoned professional, I saw you crying during that movie.''

''I never cry at movies. Real life is tragic enough.''

''Come on,'' Mia encouraged, sipping at her chocolate milkshake. ''Love, Simon rivals the likes of Macbeth and Othello.''

''I will admit, when Simon's mom said he used to be such a carefree kid growing up, and then, at a certain point, he stopped being that happy kid, because he was hiding a secret—''

''Cheryl . . . '' Mia did her best to console, an peculiar hole burning in her heart at the sight of the redhead's usually pretty face crumpling.

''Everyone thinks I'm this loveless monster,'' she sobbed gently. ''But it isn't true. I loved someone . . . who loved me. And my mother destroyed it.''

Mia watched her ❛enemy❜ closely, treading the fine line between love and hate. ''You mean Jason?''

''No. Not Jay-Jay. Her . . . her name was Heather. She was my best friend back in middle school, but you probably don't remember. She used to sleep over every weekend. Until one night, my mother caught us in the same bed. She said I was . . . deviant.''

''I am so sorry, Cheryl. Truly,'' the blonde tested the dangerous waters, resting her hand slowly over the redhead's own milky one. ''You have to know your mother is wrong, though. Believe me, if I listened to mine, I'd be an biker brunette with a weed addiction. You're not loveless. You're not deviant, either. It takes a lot for me to admit this, but . . . you're sensational.''

The rev of a motorbike from outside the diner turned Mia's attention. She stayed smiling at Cheryl, sympathetically. ''That's my ride. Will you be okay here, on your own?''

''Of course. I always am. Goodnight, Mia.''

''Goodnight, Cheryl.''