𝖑𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. take off your mask

( volume iv, chapter lxxxii )

take off your mask

     After a brief hiatus, Riverdale's Watcher in the 'burbs had released his much anticipated follow-up.

     In the dead of night, a second round of voyeuristic videotapes had been left on doorsteps across town. Once again, VCR's were dusted off with dread. And, once again, they played hours upon hours of footage of the viewer's home. Only this time, the camera was much, much closer.

     The implications were terrifying. What was next for the Watcher, breaking and entering?

     If those deliveries weren't unsettling enough, colleges and universities had started sending out their first wave of envelopes. Some thin, some thick, but all life-changing. This made it a particularly difficult time for Riverdale High's seniors, which is why Principal Honey asked the school's guidance counselor, Mrs Burble, to offer extended office hours.

     So, whatever anxiety the students were feeling, they'd have a licensed professional to go to for confidential comfort and advice. Something, it turned out, many of us were long overdue for.

RIVERDALE HIGH

DECEMBER 3RD, 2019

RIVERDALE

''Midge! Finally, just the girl I've been looking for.''

The short-haired girl glanced up from the book she was reading, intrigued. ''Mia, hello.''

''I've heard through the grapevine that you have a knack for forging handwriting. Is that right?''

Midge nodded hesitantly, squinting around to see if anyone was paying them attention. Which, they would've been, had the student lounge not been empty; eyes followed Mia around everywhere she went, dropping jaws.

''Sure, what do you need?'' She asked in a hushed tone. ''A signature or something?''

''Sort of. I got a note of Reggie Mantle's, and I need you to forge a hot and horny but realistically low-key note in his handwriting, and I'll slip it on to Ethel Muggs' lunch tray.''