𝖑𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. fear the reaper

( volume iii, chapter lxxii )

fear the reaper

THE JONES' HOUSE

MAY 10TH, 2019

RIVERDALE

''Jellybean?''

''Jellybean!''

Mia awoke immediately, startled by the racket as the front door collided with the wall. She furrowed her perfectly plucked brows; there was no recollection in her memory of falling asleep, her head was pounding tremendously, and her mouth was as dry as a desert.

FP and Jughead paid her little attention as they made their way round the house. Within seconds the men had returned downstairs, her brother skirting the serpent-embossed pool table frantically.

''The hell is that?'' Her father wondered.

Mia fought with the thick knitted blanket her limbs were tangled in, finally getting free and rushing to see what was going on herself. Both her dad and brother were in a frenzy, seemingly searching for her sister. Three pairs of eyes scanned over the letter that was left on the green velvet surface, widening by the second.

❛I invite you to play a round of Gryphons and Gargoyles, the outcome of which will determine Princess Jellybean's fate.❜

Jughead slammed the paper down as Mia chewed on her bottom lip nervously. FP ran one of his worked hand's over his face as the other one twitched around the pistol in his holster when Gladys walked through the front door.

''Hey,'' she chirped. ''Why is the door wide open?''

When no one provided a reply, she furrowed her brows, approaching her family.

''What's wrong? Where's JB?''

''She was taken,'' FP managed to choke out.

''By the Gargoyle King, and his loyal servant Kurtz.''

''And we've got no idea where they could be,'' Mia lamented; if only she had kept a closer eye on her only sister this whole time, maybe she would be with them right now.