𝖑𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. god save the prom queen

( volume iii, chapter lxxiii )

god save the prom queen

THE JONES' HOUSE

MAY 17TH, 2019

RIVERDALE

''How are you feeling?'' Jughead asked Jellybean, unscrewing a milk bottle and pouring it into his cereal.

''You mean, considering that mom abandoned me?''

''Join the club, sister dearest,'' Mia laughed, pouring over a puzzle at the kitchen island with her younger sister.

''She didn't abandon you,'' he sighed, throwing a reproachful look at his twin. ''Actually, mom leaving town is probably the most selfless thing she's ever done.''

''I've never lived anywhere without her.''

''Well, I'm glad you decided to stay.''

''As am I,'' the blonde agreed, popping the final piece in to produce the image of a beautiful Italian landscape. ''It gives us time for more bonding activities like board games. I've always thought they were nerdy, but they're actually pleasantly invigorating.''

''Just no more playing G&G, okay?''

''Why is everyone so freaked out about it?'' Jellybean wondered. ''It's just pretend quests and costumes.''

''Who was in costume?''

''Well, Ricky had those ears, and I had a crown . . . and the Gargoyle King, of course.''

Jughead stilled his actions in handing Mia a cup of coffee. The blonde's ears had practically pricked up upon hearing that wretched character's name, having hoped to forget him ever since their first and hopefully last encounter.

''You met the Gargoyle King?'' She asked, hoping to sound as casual as possible. ''Like, in person?''

Jellybean stared back at her sister with those blown-out, doll-like eyes that they both happened to share. ''He gave me and Ricky a quest,'' she shrugged.