𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. revenge is a dish best served cold

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

( volume ii, chapter xxxiii )

revenge is a dish best served cold

RIVERDALE HIGH

JANUARY 2ND, 2018

RIVERDALE

It was ugly. The great, green snake defaced the entirety of the hallway, it's message looming over the Riverdale High logo.

''Which one of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?'' Principal Weatherbee demanded, pointing at the floor.

''I'm guessing anyone who has just made a beeline for the bathroom to wash their hands,'' Mia answered, nodding at a couple of Bulldogs who had disappeared the second they sensed Weatherbee's authority.

''This is what they do, Principal Weatherbee,'' Reggie shrugged, Cher hanging off of his arm. ''They tag their turf.''

''My God, Reggie,'' Veronica huffed. ''Could you be any more transparent?''

The Mantle boy stared at her for a few seconds before nodding cluelessly after a poke from his girlfriend, evidently not knowing what she had meant.

''Effective immediately: no gang behaviour of any kind will be tolerated at my school. As of this moment, no more Serpent jackets.''

An uproar followed the principal's words, merged with swearwords and threats.

''No more Serpent jackets,'' he repeated. ''All tattoos are going to be covered. Possession of any gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension. Are we clear?''

The Serpents had no choice but to nod, each and everyone one of them glaring daggers at Reggie and Principal Weatherbee.

''That's all.''

Mia turned to the gang members, smirking. ''Not that I'm sad to see the snakes gone, but I've got a perfect revenge plan on speed-dial. It'll hit them right where it hurts the most.''

༺✧༻

RIVERDALE HIGH

JANUARY 4TH, 2018

RIVERDALE

The pictures were absolutely lewd. Mia waltzed through the hallways shamelessly, scattering the pieces of paper one by one all over the floor. Heather had her own stack, taping them up here and there on the walls and over the lockers.

A teenage boy laid motionless in the claw-footed bathtub, calm in a pool of his own crimson blood. There was no differentiation between the body liquid and steaming water, all mixed into a liquid that covered the remains of his decency. Had it been the late-nineties, the image could have easily been mistaken for the cover of the latest horror-slasher film.

''Mia, wait!'' Her plan had worked perfectly. People began pouring out of the classrooms, each one as horrified as the next, her victim amongst the throng. ''I didn't mean for all this to happen!''

''For all what to happen?'' The blonde played dumb, laughing mirthlessly at Cher's attempts to clear up the sight from everyone's eyes. It was too late. ''To find out loyalty meant nothing to you? I couldn't care less.''

''Mia, please,'' she pleaded, desperately catching up to Mia's space as she began handing the sheets out like flyers. ''Mia, stop!''

''Riddle me this, Cher — were you aware of what everyone said about you? They said that you were a prissy freak with a cowardly brother, and a less hot version of me. So don't try and act so innocent. You can take whatever fake apology you had planned, and shove it right up your hairy—''

''Mia Jones! My office, now!''

༺✧༻

PICKENS PARK

JANUARY 11TH, 2018

RIVERDALE

''This thing totally sucks,'' Mia complained to Serena, who was gnawing at a candy apple. ''Those will rot your teeth, you know.''

''So will yours if you don't lighten up, Mia,'' the raven-haired girl replied. ''Look on the bright side; Veronica's singing stopped.''

''Valid point,'' the blonde noted, before rolling her eyes again. ''Yet, of course, trouble comes once more with my brother and his band of misfits.''

The Serpents blocked the gazebo, sporting duct-tape over their mouths and colossal signs of protest. Toni took the lead, a great megaphone in her hand. ''We're here representing the dead and the silenced. Pickens Day is a lie. General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfather's family, and this land, the land that we're standing on, the land that will soon give way to a new Southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back, but we can and we must honour them.''

Naturally, Hiram Lodge came just in time, prepared for damage control more often than not with his shady dealings. ''Hey, folks, hi,'' he spoke, taking over the microphone from his daughter. ''Uh . . . I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice. Where a young woman can defend the honour and legacy of her grandfather, and where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, that is the Southside, and that will be SoDale. So, let's hear a round of applause for that, am I right?''

''Wow, I had no idea,'' Serena breathed, bringing her hands together to clap.

''I did. So do most people in Riverdale, they just can't bring themselves to care. It's either that, or they're dumb enough like Archie to believe a word that comes out of Hiram Lodge's mouth. I do have to give it to him though; his lying skills are impeccable.''

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

a/n     for any harry potter fans, i do have a remus lupin fic on my profile titled 'splintered heart' :)