𝖑𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. twisted family trees

( volume iv, chapter lxxix )

twisted family trees

THE JONES' HOUSE

NOVEMBER 10TH, 2019

RIVERDALE

''Well . . . '' FP mused, locking the front door behind him. ''Look what the cat dragged in.''

''I'm done with Stonewall Prep, that place is toxic,'' Jughead announced, starting the same spiel he had just delivered to his sister minutes before. ''I'm going back to Riverdale High to be with my friends.''

''Nope. You're not throwing away this opportunity.''

''You're giving me whiplash, dad — what opportunity? So I can be buried alive in a coffin? Or how about be told that I'm only there because I grew up in a trailer park?''

''Someone said that to you?''

''Yeah, Bret did.''

Mia rolled her eyes at the mention of the blonde boy. ''I'm not going to tell you again, Juggie. Just kick him where the sun don't shine!''

''Yeah,'' FP agreed .''Besides, who cares how you got in? You're in, and those silver spoons?They feel threatened. This Bret kid knows you're better than him, that you're gonna leave him in the dust, and that you're gonna do it without the fancy name or the privilege.''

''Exactly. You have to stick it to those stuck-up rich kids, brother of mine. Embrace your inner mean girl, or just channel me — we ain't twins for nothing.''

''If you drop out now, you're no better than my old man.''

''If you hated him so much, then why would you name us after him?'' The beanie-wearing boy asked.

The blonde looked at her father for his response, narrowing her eyes. ''I'm never forgiving you for that, by the way.''

''It's my name too, don't forget. Yeah, I hate him, but he's still my old man. That's gotta count for something, huh?''

''I'm still changing my name as soon as I get the cash,'' the Jones girl shrugged, going back on to her phone. ''No offence, daddy.''