𝖝𝖑𝖎. the sisters of quiet mercy

( volume ii, chapter xli )

the sisters of quiet mercy

     Welcome to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy: Home for Troubled Youth, where a certain Cheryl Blossom finds herself more troubled than usual.

     There was nary a thing to look forward to, except for movie nights, during which times Cheryl would imagine what her friends might be doing.

     As Cheryl Blossom withered, a special friend was doing everything she could to bring her back home.

RIVERDALE HIGH

MARCH 6TH, 2018

RIVERDALE

''Mia Jones to the principal's office. Mia Jones, please report to the principal's office.''

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows, confused. Whilst a lot of the things she did were cruel, questionable, and highly offensive, they were rarely enough to get her sent to the principal's office — well, apart from last time when she spread crime scene polaroids from Cher's brother's suicide.

Her stilettos echoed against the silent halls until she reached her destination, where the secretary was awaiting her arrival, phone in hand.

''Call for you. She said it was urgent.''

The Jones girl held the device to her ear, fiddling nervously with the retro cord. She hoped it wasn't her mother, but then again, there were higher chances of the world imploding than contact from Gladys Jones.

''Hello?''

''She's not far away.''

Mia frowned, not recognising the croaky voice. ''Who is this?''

''Cheryl. She's nearby.''

It clicked. ''Nana Rose? Nana Rose, where is she?''

''With the sisters—''

The line disconnected. 

Mia put down the phone slowly, an uneasy sense of dread settling in the pit of her stomach as dark, grey storm clouds began to gather outside. She rubbed her temple tiredly, relaying the information in her head like a broken record.

༺✧༻