𝖑𝖝𝖝𝖛. fred's funeral

( volume iv, chapter lxxv )

fred's funeral

A/N: rip luke perry <3

     It's been a quiet few months in Riverdale.

     Spring slid into summer, and some semblance of normal life resumed. The terrors of the Farm weren't forgotten, but they had started to fade. Gryphons and Gargoyles was already becoming the stuff of suburban legend.

     Indeed, the big topic of conversation around town was July 4th. After some debate, it was decided that there would be an Independence Day Parade down Main Street, Riverdale's first in three years. But there would be no fireworks display over Sweetwater River (the Blossoms used to sponsor them, but without their support, the town couldn't afford them).

     Like I said . . . things have actually been pretty quiet lately.

THE ANDREWS' RESIDENCE

JUNE 29TH & JULY 1ST, 2019

RIVERDALE

They say that their are seven stages of grief: shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, and processing. Upon finding out that Fred Andrews had passed away, Mia had gone through all of the seven stages within a day.

The death of such a respect member of their community had shook the town to it's core, and Riverdale's residents were reeling from the loss. Most of them were trying to console Archie in some way, shape, or form, which is what brought the group of teenagers to his backyard with a box of tissues and crate of beers.

''Hey, you remember that tree house your dad helped us build?'' Reggie reminisced, reclining in a sun lounger.

''You mean the one he built for us?'' Jughead corrected, the ghost of a smile etched on his face.

''I remember you fell out of it, Reg,'' the Andrews boy hummed; he seemed to be fairly fine that day, although the violet crescents underneath his eyes said otherwise.