𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. only love makes you that crazy

( volume ii, chapter xxix )

only love makes you that crazy

SOUTHSIDE HIGH

NOVEMEBER 24TH, 2017

SOUTHSIDE RIVERDALE

''I found this,'' she spat, holding up the blush teddy bear in the air mockingly, ''and I read your poem ❛Promise Me This❜. How could you?'' Mia asked, the sickening sonnets playing in her mind like a broken record. ''How could you write those words and feel those feelings but give up on us so easily?''

Alaric looked up from the stack of papers he was grading, guiltily. ''II never intended for you to read that.'' He stuttered, wiping his perspiring palms on the knees of his trousers.

''You let me believe that you felt nothing for me.''

''I thought I was doing the right thing''

''For you,'' the blonde interrupted, ''not for me.''

''That's not true''

Mia rolled her eyes, practically strangling the plush toy in her vice of a grip. ''Oh, we're going to talk about truths now? What, today's truth, or yesterday's truth, or maybe last weeks? Because, honestly, I know you're an English teacher and all, but I don't know which one of your stories to believe anymore. The ❛we meet again in another lifetime❜ story, or the story that ends with ❛go❜? It's not my age that ruined us, Alaric, you did that.''

''Mia, please''

''No. I've moved on,'' she spoke, her words as cold and cutthroat as ice, ''you should too.''

She suddenly became hyper-aware of another presence in the room, whether it was because of the spike in temperature, or the sky-scraper shadow that bloomed behind her. ''What's going on here?''

Mia recognised the voice automatically, of course she did. Truth be told, though, she wished she didn't. She wished everything went back to the way it used to be, her days spent swanning in the Northside, and her nights carried out in the closet of the Southside. ''Nothing,'' she barked at Sweet Pea, ''there is absolutely nothing going on here.''