𝖛𝖎𝖎. if i can't have you, no one can

( volume i, chapter vii )

if i can't have you, no one can

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

SUNNYSIDE TRAILER PARK

SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2017

RIVERDALE

Mia had barreled out the shower the split-second her phone flashed his name on the screen. Water dripped from her picture-perfect body, pooling on the tiled floor, as she struggled against the steam on her phone screen and condensation in the mirror.

''Mr Andrews, hey.'' She rushed, willing herself to not sound suspiciously out of breath.

''I realised something last night,'' he began, breathing heavily over the phone, ''the bookkeeping position at my company that you applied for? It's still open, if you're interested.''

The blonde held her breath as soon as he started speaking, a weight lifting off her chest at hearing those magic words ━ how miserable had her life become?

''Yes, yes, yes,'' she squealed, silently bouncing on the spot and spitting water all over the bathroom, ''uh . . . thank you,'' Mia mumbled, collecting herself.

He didn't respond for a while, as if mulling over his choice and regretting it immediately. ''Yeah. No worries.''

༺✧༻

ANDREW'S CONSTRUCTION

OCTOBER 1ST, 2017

RIVERDALE

It was a peculiar sighting ━ Mia working. She sat in utmost silence, yet for once her mind was filled with calculations and crunching numbers instead of insecurities and doubt. There were papers strewn all over the desk, sharpeners and loose pen lids rolling among the piles. Her rings pressed against each other on her fingers, diamond stones twisting and marking their imprint on her palm. Her nails scraped occasionally on the ink she wrote, scribbling away furiously.  Mathematics were never her strong point, but Fred needn't know that.