𝖑𝖝𝖝𝖝. can't catch a break

( volume iv, chapter lxxx )

can't catch a break

THISTLEHOUSE

NOVEMBER 13TH, 2019

RIVERDALE

Mia shook Cheryl gently from her sleep.

Her red hair was splayed out on the pillow behind her, and there was a stress-induced sheen of sweat coating her pale skin. Her eyes fluttered open feebly, her mannerisms relaxing once she saw who was by her side.

''Oh, Mia-Moo, I had the most horrible phantasmagoria. Dagwood swallowed a ping-pong ball, and my accursed family came to Thistlehouse.''

The blonde was about to ease her girlfriend into the reality of the situation, when Aunt Cricket peered into the bedroom.

''Oh, good, she's up,'' she simpered. ''Cheryl, dear, we'd love to see you downstairs once you've collected yourself.''

The Jones girl filled the redhead in on what had taken place over the afternoon. It had been a great effort to keep her family happy whilst the Blossom girl was out cold, although if Mia had it her way she would've let the door hit them on their way out.

''My Mia tells me you're here to discuss our maple syrup business?''

''Yes,'' Uncle Bedford hummed. ''We want to sell it.''

''The rest of the family is in agreement. With your father dead and Penelope in the wind, we need your participation and signature to move forward.''

''Why, pray tell, do you vipers want to sell what's left of our family's legacy?''

''The business hasn't been profitable in years,'' Aunt Cricket sighed. ''It's bleeding us dry.''

''It's up to you, darling,'' Mia reminded her. ''But this house has caused you nothing but pain. If you sold it, we could start somewhere new — somewhere fresh.''

Cheryl nodded slowly, processing everyone's pleas. ''Your proposal makes a modicum of sense,'' she decided. ''I'll consider it.''