𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. maternity makes monsters

( volume ii, chapter xxxix )

maternity makes monsters

SUNNYSIDE TRAILER PARK

FEBRUARY 22ND, 2018

SOUTHSIDE RIVERDALE

''Do you two think it even made a difference?'' Jughead wondered, whilst Betty massaged his frostily knotted shoulders. ''Us freezing our asses off?''

''Definitely,'' she reassured at once. ''Every revolution starts somewhere.''

''Definitely,'' Mia repeated, mocking an impression of the blonde's bubbly voice as she handed her brother a hot water bottle. ''Just ask the French, they know all about revolutions.''

When Mia was around, the couple had learned to ignore her. She had mellowed out slightly since freshman year, but there was still a lot of defrosting the ice queen had to do.

''Good, 'cause I've been thinking,'' Jughead muttered. ''We lost Southside High. I don't want to lose Riverdale High, too. And you've not heard more unlikely words come from my mouth, but . . . I wanna run for student body president, and I want you to be my co-president.''

''Cute,'' she rolled her eyes. ''Don't ask me, your blood sister, it's fine. Ask your girlfriend who's already running with her friend—''

''I know that you and Veronica—''

''Okay.''

''Okay?''

''Really?'' Jughead mused, smiling at his girlfriend with an expression of utmost adoration. ''Just like that?''

''Just like that. I'm in, Jug. There is no me and Veronica.''

Mia laughed, remembering a rumour Heather had came running with to her a few months back. ''So what you're saying is that kiss between you two at the River Vixen tryouts didn't happen?''

''You have to do me a favour, though,'' Betty implored. ''You have to let me stay here. I can't stay in the same house as Chic anymore.''

For the first time since the start of the conversation, the two miraculously remembered Mia's regal presence in the room. Jughead looked at his sister hopefully, silently begging for her agreement with nothing more than a look.

''My estimation of your breakup is long overdue, unfortunately,'' Mia complained, rolling her eyes. ''It's starting to seem as if you two are endgame, so I guess she can stay.''

''Okay,'' Jughead nodded, turning back to Betty and kissing her softly and sweetly. ''Okay.''

༺✧༻

THISTLEHOUSE

FEBRUARY 22ND, 2018

RIVERDALE

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

❛Third times the charm❜, they say, which proved itself to be true as Mia found herself on the doorstep to Thistlehouse, someone finally answering the door to her numerous doorbell rings.

If she was being honest out of the kindness of her heart — which was rarely, as opposed to the brutal truth-bombs that were dropped on the daily — Mia couldn't find the words to explain why she was showing up at the Blossom residence. The blonde had a strange feeling in her chest, like a grater scooping the flesh of her thawing heart. It pulled her to Thistlehouse, as if she just had to meet eyes with a certain redhead that occupied her mind every second of the day.

Instead, she came face-to-face with the woman that had replaced Cheryl at number one in the category of ❛most hated❜.

''Mrs Blossom, hi,'' Mia greeted, folding her arms. ''I'm looking for Cheryl, she wasn't at the hospital with Nana Rose and she's not picking up her phone, either.''

Penelope recoiled at the sight of the blonde. She hid herself subtly, using the oak front door as a barrier to prevent catching any diseases. ''No, she's gone. Boarding school in Switzerland, all girls. She left just last night.''

Mia chuckled, not believing a word that was being said. Not only had she gotten to know Cheryl, she was a blonde version of the queen bee — neither of them would simply leave without a fiasco. ''Mrs Blossom, that doesn't make any sense.''

''Don't come here again.''

Her usual witty replies were nowhere to be found as Penelope slammed the door in her face. The blonde blinked, baffled by what had just happened. She was sure of one thing, though; this wasn't over.

Mia never went down without a fight. She never lost, either, especially not to a Blossom.