Part 1: Prologue

My eyes scanned the copious words on the paper

My eyes scanned the copious words on the paper. It felt like I had read it over a hundred times, knowing each word by heart. I brought the bottom of my lip between my teeth, bobbing my leg up and down, as a strange feeling pooled inside my stomach.

I wasn't sure if it was nerves or excitement, but both feelings were mixed and it clouded my judgment.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." An understanding voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and enabled me to turn my head upwards.

Seeing Calum's warm and friendly smile, relaxed me. He placed his hand on top of mine. I managed to stop the jittering of my legs.

I looked back at the piece of paper in front of me. After endless interviews I had finally received a job offer. Right in front of me was my contract. Being the career driven person, it was evident that I wanted to exceed and do the best.

I was driven to do well in order to provide for myself and for my boyfriend, Calum. He'd been with me throughout the whole process of school and college. Spending endless days with him, automatically branded us as boyfriend and girlfriend, but I didn't want it any other way.

"What if they realise, I'm under-qualified? What if they don't like me? What if-"

"Louisa. Relax. You got this job because you're great. You smashed it at the interview and AP Enterprise will be lucky to have you," Calum interrupted my erratic thoughts.

I nodded my head at his words and let a shaky breath out. "You're right, you're right. I'll be fine. What about you? Have you heard anything about the jobs you applied to?"

Calum sucked in his breath, squinting his eyes he moves his head indicting a no.

"What?" I said with a sigh. "We're supposed to be moving in together in a month, we need money for the deposit."

"I know, I'm working on it. You have a job secured so we have nothing to worry about. But don't worry, I'll get a job by the time we buy our apartment," Calum replied trying to reassure me.

I cocked my head to the side, furrowing my brows. I focused into his eyes, making him aware of how much I cared for him, and how much I wanted him to get a job. I forever wished he was career driven like me. But that's was differentiated between us, while I wanted to push myself and get to the top, he just wanted to have a laid-back life with minimal effort.

After a few nerves swirling inside me, a spark of courage was slowly building up. I felt like I was ready to take this new step in life. The anticipation of what AP Enterprise had in store for me, played in my mind.

Stepping into the adult world was daunting at first, but I was ready to embrace it with Calum by side. I didn't know what life had in store for me, but I was ready...

 I didn't know what life had in store for me, but I was ready

A/N

A huge shout out to meha-k for designing my cover for this book!

And a huge shout out to sarcastic-mess  for designing my banners for this book!

This prologue has been re-written so there maybe a few mistakes, I'll be editing it soon but let me know what you think!

Share, comment and vote!

Love _xxAMxx