Chapter Twenty-Four

I stepped out of the car, the cold air hit my bare skin, I slightly shuddered

I stepped out of the car, the cold air hit my bare skin, I slightly shuddered. I turned to thank the person who opened my door, I saw a sophisticated man. Dark blonde hair, slight stubble on his face. His jaw was sharp, as if it was a jaw of a model. His eyes were grey with a hint of blue.

He gave me a warm friendly smile, before I could return the favour, Alexander barged in between us.

"Shall we?" Alexander asked while glaring at him.

I snorted under my breath, as it was evident that Alexander was jealous.

When I got a better look at the venue, my eyes were welcomed to a flash of lights. I felt dazzled looking at the magnificent place.

We walked up a set of stairs, reminding me of the stairs Cinderella ran down. When we reached to the top, there was a path that lead to the entrance of the venue. On both sides of the path, green grass and a range of flowers, created a warm mixture of colours. Giving a natural feel to the place.

The building was a contrast between old and new. The walls were made up of grey bricks, slightly uneven in places. In some places on the wall was green moss. The exterior reminded me of a medieval castle. The windows were large, with a white boarder. At the top, the glass had a unique flower design.

"You know," Alexander said snapping me out of gazing at the building, "If you want to convince people you're my wife, you need to come closer."

Before I could acknowledge and respond to his words, he placed his hand on my hips, pulling me closer. I stumbled, which forced me to land my hand on his chest. Tightly gripping my waist and engulfing me with his eyes, a warm feeling in my body returned.

Standing very close together, as if we fit like a jigsaw, we entered the lavish venue. A wave of lights, music, laughter and chatter hit my eyes and ears; as if my senses were working to their full capabilities.

Inside, there was a mixture of white, gold and cream, that created the essence of this room. The floor was made up of beige coloured tiles, in the shape of diamonds. In the middle of each shape, was a small encrusted silver gem. The walls that held the room together, were white, with very unique designs and patterns in gold. Around midway hanging on the walls, were flowers. The flowers were made up of white lilies, surrounded by dark green leaves. Next to the flowers, the walls were illuminated, creating a warm orange hue.

After taking my time to appreciate the beauty of the room, I looked around to see many people dressed elegantly. I witnessed the most glamorous dresses, worn by the most gorgeous women.

I started to feel out of place. People here were millionaires and billionaires, then there was me; An assistant.

A waiter, dressed in a black and white butler suit, approached us and offered champagne. I took the light, bubbly drink. Taking a sip, the subtle taste of orange-zest and cherry danced on my tastebuds.