Chapter Thirty-Two

"I think this dress is better than the last

"I think this dress is better than the last. What do you think Louisa? Louisa? Hello?" Sarah's voice suddenly got loud, she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

I must have zoned out. I came back to my senses only to realise that we were still in the wedding dress boutique. How long was I daydreaming?

"Come on Louisa. This is the fourth dress you've tried on and you're not telling us whether you like it or not." Sarah waved her hand towards the boutique lady, who was clearly starting to get impatient with me.

The boutique lady stood to the side, hands on hips, tapping her high heeled shoes on the marble floor. Her glasses were on the edge of her nose, she darted her eyes towards us, bowing her head slightly peering over her glasses.

I looked back at the large mirror in front of me. Standing on a small podium, I was drowning in a wedding dress. It was the fourth one I had tried, but something in my mind was telling me, it wasn't the one.

"You really need to make a decision now," Sarah snapped, "You're getting married next week, you haven't got your dress and we just about managed to get an appointment at this boutique. If you don't pick your dress now, there's no way you'll find another place that'll give you a last-minute appointment."

Sarah's stern words were floating around me. It pained me to believe that she was right, I needed to make a decision on the dress.

I studied myself in the mirror. The dress had the silhouette of a ball gown. It was fitted at the bodice and abruptly flared out from the waist. The bodice was strapless, hugging my body tightly. The top part of the dress was made up of flowery lace, whereas the section past the waist was plain.

"This is fine," I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders.

"No. Don't just agree to anything. You need to find something you like." Sarah was getting flustered. She mirrored the boutique lady with her hands on her hips.

"I told you this is fine. Let's just go with this dress." I snapped. I pushed my shoulders back; my body was aching. For a while now, I had this elongated feeling of being drained, in my mind I felt like it was the lack of working. Knowing that I wouldn't be going back to AP Enterprise played a lot on my mind. It was all I could think about; it physically and mentally drained me.

"Can you give us a moment?" Sarah asked the boutique lady.

She let out an exaggerated sigh and stormed to the front of the shop, slamming the door behind her.

"Out with it," Sarah demanded pointing her finger at me

"What?" I asked, shaking my head in confusion.

"You're hiding something from me. I can tell by looking at you that something is not right. You leave your job, which you loved. You've not planned a lot for this wedding. You're leaving everything last minute. So out with it. Tell me what's up."