Chapter Sixty-Four

-18th December-

-18th December-

My stomach felt light, with an array of butterflies floating around, making my heart pitter patter in my chest. Taking small paces left and right, I try to regulate my breathing, making sure I suddenly don't panic. The day I had been waiting for, had finally arrived.

I didn't think I would reach this point, but I was here. It was only a matter of minutes, then I would be a married woman. I would be embarking on a new path in my life.

Taking one final look in the mirror, I was simply amazed at how elegant I looked. A delicate tulle lace, white dress sat on my body effortlessly. It had an A-line silhouette, where the bottom half of dress flowed perfectly, with it being floor length and having a court train. Intricate lace detailing made up the top part of the dress, with an illusion lace long sleeve.

My caramel blonde hair, was loosely tied at the back, creating waterfall of waves, with pieces of strands falling to the side. It was held together by a diamanté hair pin, accompanied with pearls. Opting for a natural makeup look, was the best choice. My eyeshadow had a slight smokey colour, with extravagant lashes detailing the eyes. A touch of pink on my cheeks added colour, with a nude-coloured lip.

Looking down at the bouquet in my hands, I appreciated the beauty beaming from the flowers. I went with a blush and cream coloured set. The bouquet was made up of; a mixture of white, pink and blush, mondial roses, lisianthus, ranunculus and carnations. Finishing with subtle green leaves.

"You ready?" The soft voice of Sarah, captures my attention.

I turn to see my beautiful bridesmaids. Sarah, Lily and Rose, dressed in champagne coloured dress, made up of satin chiffon. Their neckline plunged into a V-neck, the top half fitting perfectly around their body. The bottom half flowing to the floor, with a split.

Taking a quick breath in and exhaling out, I eagerly nod and make my way over the girls. I loop my arm into Sarah and head towards the outside.

We chose the surreal destination of Kingscliff beach for our wedding. Insanely inspired from when, Alexander and I faked being married. It's ironic how back then, we didn't know we would be choosing the same place for our real wedding.

Stepping out on to the beach, the blazing sun casts off yellow hues of rays. The grainy white sand, covers my feet, like a warm blanket. The warmth radiates through my body. The bright, glistening sun sits centre of the clear blue sky. An array of sounds, including; the movement of the sea, the gust of calm winds and the exotic sound of birds, makes me feel like I was in a peaceful haven. It was like there was a new electricity of love in the air.

Lily and Rose lead the way, with the soft melody of violins playing in the back ground. They drop white and pink petals on the ground, making a pathway for me. With Sarah by my side, we closely follow.