Chapter Three

My eyes opened and I looked around to see where I was

My eyes opened and I looked around to see where I was. Coming home last night, I didn't bother sleeping in the bed, I crashed out on the couch. Day light was seeping through the window. I didn't feel hungover, which meant that I didn't over do it with the drinking. I checked my phone to see what time, it was eight. I felt groggy and tired, maybe going out on a work night was a bad idea.

The events of yesterday started to come back to me. How I felt so angry with Calum and talking to that guy. The guy I never got the name of. I casted my mind back to what he said. He barely knew me, yet he took his time to listen to my problems. I probably blabbed like an idiot.

It wasn't like me to spill my problems to a random stranger, but for some reason he was different. I couldn't work out what made him different.

I was going back and forth on the idea, whether it was right to apply for that job. Weighing the pros and cons made it difficult to come to a decision. The bedroom door opened, I turned to look and saw a half-asleep Calum plodding out the bedroom.

"Oh, you're up early? You off to work?" I asked sarcastically.

Calum mumbled something but I couldn't make out what he said. He made his way to the couch and sat himself down next to me, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"About yesterday, what happened? Why didn't you go? I felt really embarrassed by Jackie." I asked calmly, hoping he'd have some type of explanation.

Calum let out a slow sigh, "I was going to go."

"So why didn't you?"

"I went out for a bit, lost track of time before I knew it, I was late." Calum shrugged his shoulders, bowing his head down, focusing on his lap.

I closed my eyes in disappointment, not knowing how to respond. There was no point in questioning him so I left it.

I got up from the couch to make coffee, I had to get ready for work, as much as I wanted to stay home, I couldn't. Thinking about the job again I decided to tell Calum, hoping he would give me some insight.

"I, erm, was thinking of applying to a new job, it's kind of like a promotion." I hesitantly pointed out, waiting for him to reply.

"Oh okay, A promotion that's good, what's the job?" He seemed to have perked up, noticing me forgetting about his interview.

My face lit up, seeing the interest on his face. I got a quick surge of happiness, knowing the situation had calmed, and we were talking like adults, I felt grateful and happy on the inside.

"It's to be personal assistant, for the guy who owns AP Enterprise, Alexander Pierce." I happily respond.

Calum stayed silent for a while, "So you're going to be someone's bitch, fetching him stuff and wiping his arse because he's too lazy." Calum started laughing.