Chapter Nine

I stood there staring at the man right in front of me

I stood there staring at the man right in front of me. A man who I had a night full of passion with, the man who was my boss. My mind couldn't comprehend what was actually happening.

His deep brown eyes latched on to me, but his face didn't look as shocked like mine. His hands were tucked into his trouser pockets, standing tall and proud. His neat, wavy brown hair was effortlessly in place and looked amazing. That one strand of hair fallen on the side of his face, added something about him, but I couldn't think what it was. The suit he was wearing complimented his body, I could see his muscular physique.

"So, I'll let you two get acquainted with each other, and I'll authorise your access pass." Viv said, but for some reason I didn't acknowledge her words.

"Louisa?" She questioned, I finally snapped out of my shock.

"Oh yes, here you go." I said, handing over my card.

Viv gave me a smile, nodded at Alexander and then left the room. The atmosphere in the room felt intense. Without saying anything, Alexander gestured for me to sit down on the couch. I made my way over to the couch, he sat on one of the armchairs opposite me.

My ability to let out words were gone, I didn't know what to say. Shock continuously rippled through me. How could it even be possible that mystery guy, out of all people, turned out to be my new boss.

"So, we meet again, how are you?" Alexander asked, breaking the silence. His familiar tone, danced around my ears.

"I'm good." I finally let out. "I'm sorry, I don't know if I can do this job."

Alexander looked at me in a confused manner. "What? What do you mean?"

"I don't know if I can work with you." I gritted my teeth as I mentioned it.

"Why?" He questioned while leaning forward, putting his elbows on his thighs with both hands on his chin.

The way he was sitting was doing something to me. I felt slightly hot and flustered. Why am I feeling like this? Why is he having this effect on me?

"It's just that, what happened the other night, I don't know if it would be right to work with each other." I looked away from him, not being able to make eye contact.

"Louisa, this job could be really good for you, I truly believe you deserve this job. Look, what happened in that club was a night of madness and passion. I'm willingly to move past it, only if you can?" He calmly replied back.

I thought about his words. It then all started to make sense. How the interview was short, and how I got the job the same day. It's because Alexander knew who I was. He knew who I was from the start. That meant I didn't get the job fair and square.

"You knew who I was." I briefly mentioned.

"What do you mean?" Alexander asked unclear of what I meant.