Chapter Thirty-Three

"Okay girls listen up

"Okay girls listen up." Sarah shouted over the loud thumping of music, "Its Louisa's last free day. After tomorrow she's going to be hitched. She's going to be a married woman. To Louisa and her new life with soon to be hubby, Calum!"

Sarah lifted her glass of Prosecco up high, causing it to spill slightly on the round table. We all follow, clinking our glasses. The rest of the girls shout cheers. Me with my virgin mojito, lifted my glass, nodding to all the girls around me. I decided to opt out of drinking alcohol, I was well aware that if my lips touched a drop of it, I'll forget majority of the night, and I would wake up with an excruciating headache.

I looked to the girls around the table, smiling, laughing, drinking away, without a care in the world. I begged Sarah not to go crazy for a bachelorette party. I would have been happy staying in, Sarah practically dragged me to the club.

Struggling to find something ideal to wear, I borrowed a dress from Sarah. She made the decision for me to wear a red body-con mini dress, accompanied with a thigh slit and a cut out in the front, just under my breasts. The cami straps dug into the skin on my shoulders, as if any second they were to split and cut me. I opted to leave my caramel hair out by curling it and letting it flow freely.

Around the round table, Sarah, her sister and her three friends, cackled out loud over the music. Downing the alcohol within seconds, they ordered more, only for it to disappear in an instant.

My eyes floated around the packed club. Each person here dancing, drinking, laughing. The music thumped and vibrated the room. My head was clouded by the loud bangs entering my ears. I gazed into the distance; till all I could see was nothing but darkness. The music started to fade, as if it was a million miles away.

I should have been the one to have the time of my life. I should be the one giving speeches to the girls around me, but I wasn't. All I could do was get lost in my own thoughts.

I slammed back to reality when Sarah leaned into me as she laughed. I forcefully laughed and chuckled, ensuring nobody noticed me spacing out.

Scrolling around on my phone, my thumb found its way to open a new message to Alexander. My brain didn't allow me to understand why I was texting Alexander.

L: Meet me at Club Electra.

Without giving it another thought, I sent the message. Once it delivered, I screamed on the inside, I internally groaned at my stupidity of texting Alexander. Slapping the phone in my lap, I grabbed a glass of Prosecco, ignoring my own promise not to drink tonight.

As I placed the glass to my lips, getting ready to take a swig, my phone buzzed. My heart skipped a beat at the buzz sensation ejecting onto my lap.

Putting the glass back onto the table, I checked my phone. My lips curled up into a smile, seeing Alexander's name on my phone.