Chapter Thirty-Six

I would have never expected for Alexander to be standing right in front of me on a day like today

I would have never expected for Alexander to be standing right in front of me on a day like today. There he was, his soft, supple hair beautifully pushed back. The strong jawline sharp as ever, the delicate lips I've known to be familiar with. All my strength went into stopping myself from running my hands all over him.

"You came," I soothingly say while gazing at him.

He turned his head slightly to the side, looking at me in pure admiration. His right hand came up to my cheek, cupping it delicately. I relaxed with the touch of his hands.

"Louisa... you look... beautiful," Alexander said in a cool, low tone. Shyly, I looked down while smiling. My head is lifted as his fingertips touch the point of my chin.

"I... um," Alexander stuttered.

Both of his hands held on to mine, lacing his fingers between mine. He took a deep breath in, and slowly let his breath out.

"Where do I even start," Alexander said nervously, "You Louisa Watts... Drive me crazy. From the moment I saw you in that club I was captivated by your beauty. Then seeing you twice after that, made me realise that its fate bringing us together. I can't stop thinking about you. When I close my eyes, I see you, when I open them, I still see you. When I'm near you I just want to hold on, take in your touch. I know I'm just babbling now, but what I'm trying to say is... Louisa Watts, I am in love with you. And I have been for a very long time."

A wave of freshness ran through my body, it was like all my senses opened up. I trued to restrain the tears from escaping my eyes, but it was too late. Each individual tear, was a tear of happiness and love.

"Why... Why didn't you say all this to me before?" I shakingly let out.

"Because I'm an idiot. But I'm telling you now. I'm so deeply, madly in love with you." Alexander moved his hands to my cheeks; he brought my head closer and slowly placed his forehead onto mine.

We stayed silent for a moment. Taking in each other's touch and emotions. I moves my head back to capture his gaze. His dreamy eyes looked close into mine.

"You've put me in such a difficult position," I let out in a whisper.

My mind felt like it was running a marathon. So many thoughts were buzzing inside my head.

As I opened my mouth to say something, we were interrupted by a voice travelling from above the stairs.

"Louisa? What the hell is going on?"

I slipped out of Alexanders touch, to see the voice booming from the top. My shoulders dropped at the sight of Calum. A lump formed in my throat, I suddenly felt like I was flaring up, the tense atmosphere made me feel hot. I began to feel myself fall to the floor, but I held myself together and pushed all the feelings that were dragging me down, away from me.

Calum stormed down the stairs, with Sarah behind. She noticed me and she mouths 'sorry', I gave her a reassuring smile and nod.

As Calum got close, I could sense a projection of anger. I turned to look at Alexander, his brows were furrowed, his lips twitched. He was like a raging bull who was about to run and attack Calum. I whispered his name, but he ignored my attempt to get his attention and charged towards Calum.