Chapter Six

Opening up my eyes felt like a mission, they felt so heavy, trying to adjust in a dimly lit room

Opening up my eyes felt like a mission, they felt so heavy, trying to adjust in a dimly lit room. My head was pounding, it felt clouded from all the alcohol I consumed last night. For a while I stayed laying down on my back, looking up at the ceiling.

Memories from last night started to filter in slowly. I remembered taking shots, dancing, taking shots and dancing. With Sarah. Then I started to remember how I couldn't find her and I saw a familiar face. It was the mystery guy. One memory that came flooding back to me, was dancing and kissing him. I remembered how good it felt in that moment.

My heart started to beat faster, I shut my eyes, hoping, praying, that the mystery guy was not lying down next to me. I slowly opened one eye and turned my head to the right to see where I was. I let a huge sigh of relief, realising I was in Sarah's bedroom.

I managed to sit up right, still feeling unbalanced, I noticed Sarah knocked out on the floor. I shook my head at the state she was in. How we managed to get back home is a mystery. I grabbed a pillow throwing it at Sarah. It didn't seem to have an effect, as she let out a low grumble, turning her back towards me.

"Sarah, get up!" I shouted.

"Stop shouting. My head is killing me." Sarah replied covering her face with her arm.

I decided to get out of bed, to get some water to drink and to splash on Sarah's face. At this point my stomach started to rumble. I felt so hungry, craving a greasy full English breakfast.

After gulping some water, the dehydration I felt slowly started to fade away. Making my way over to where Sarah was laying, water was gracefully splashed on her face.

"Louisa!" She shouted.

"Get up, I'm feeling hungry." Groaning at the hollow feeling in my stomach.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

I kneeled down beside her and started to shake her. She finally opened her eyes.

"Stop that." She shouted, brushing me away.

"I'm hungry." I repeatedly yelled in her ears.

An annoyed sigh escaped her mouth as she forced herself to get up. Trying to balance herself standing up, she stared into me, like she's staring deep into my soul.

"Get the eggs, I'll get the bacon, let's have some breakfast then." She ordered, as if she was a general in the war.

I give her the biggest forceful smile, motioning for her to lead the way, she rolled her eyes, plodding her way to the kitchen.

***

I struggled to put the last bite in my mouth, but I managed. I was so full from the breakfast, but I felt so much better, I was able to hear my own thoughts.

"My oh my, that was delicious," I said stretching my arms high up towards the sky, trying to make room in my belly for the last mouthful.

"Indeed, it was." Sarah agreed, taking the last sip of tea from her mug, "So is there anything you want to tell me?"