Chapter Fourteen

I found myself slowly coming back to my senses, my eyes were still closed, I wiggled my fingers, moved my legs and my head to make sure I was still alive

I licked my lips and swallowed the thick saliva formed in my mouth. I winced at the pain when taking down my saliva. It felt like I had thorns in my throat. I let out a small cough, but that small cough started to make me feel nauseous. I pursed my lips, slowly breathing out making sure no vomit was going to project out of my mouth.

I could feel the piercing headache, throbbing, making my brain feel like it was about explode. It took a lot of strength to open up my eyes. When I finally managed to open my eyes, I was welcomed to pure brightness. I abruptly closed my eyes, waiting for a few seconds, then opened up again.

With my head, still, in one place, I moved my eyes around to see where I was. I didn't recognise my surroundings. I slowly lifted my head up to get a better look at where I was. I wasn't familiar with this room.

I placed my legs on the edge of the bed, I propped myself to sit down. Groaning in agony, I placed my head in the palm of my hands, noticing that I was wearing an oversized t-shirt. That's when I started to vividly remember what happened.

I remembered a mansion, seeing many faces. The mansion, it was some kind of event. I was wearing a black dress. Calum. I was sad and angry because of him. I started to connect the dots and it suddenly started to make sense. I went with Alexander, I was drowning my sorrows, then into the arms of Alexander.

I got up from the bed, losing my balance slightly. I turned around to see I was in a bedroom. This bedroom was decorated in a simple manner. The walls were painted in a plain off-white colour, with a light grey carpet complimenting the room. The double bed had a upholstered light grey, curved headboard and foot end. Towards the right was a window with cream coloured blinds. On the wall opposite the bed was a white dressing table, a matching stool was neatly tucked under the table. On the left side of the table was door, I presumed this was to leave the room. There was another door towards the left side of the bed, I opened it, to see that I was now in a bathroom.

Like the bedroom, the bathroom was plain and simple. Cream coloured porcelain tiles on the floor and walls. A white toilet on the left, next to it a sink, with a mirrored cabinet above it. Opposite was a bathtub and a shower.

I walked over to the mirrored cabinet. When I saw my reflection I almost didn't recognise myself. I looked an absolute mess. My hair looked like a birds nest. I had no makeup on, my face looked like it was drained of my blood.

When I closed the bathroom door I saw a clothing bag hanging with a note. Taking a closer look at the note, it read:

Something clean and fresh for you to wear. Feel free to have bath or even a shower to freshen yourself up. Make sure you have something to drink and eat. I'll see you at work.